Friday 12/4 weekend plans ?

Don Baer

Staff member
I just have 1 appointment today and I have none scheduled for the week end. Monday will be the last day of Open enrollment so I can get back to my retirement mode. Got to get started on the Christmas decorating this week end gonna put the lights and sign up and if I have time I'll put out the ground decorations. I need to fix a broken sprinkler pip first so I don't flood out the ground decoration so I will have enough to do to keep me busy. So whats on your agenda this week end,.

Last edited:
Starting Friday kinda easy but will do a few clean-up items in my shop before it's time to drive to Boston for lunch.

Saturday will include more cleaning and organizing in my shop - lots of small off-cuts to sort and toss/save. Need to add wall racks to my wood storage area, too.

Sunday should be the usual routine of me preparing brunch, then chillin' out the remainder of the day.

Working on Christmas gifts. Daughter 20 x28 cutting board. Use it to set on stove for extra counter space. Maybe a few more for others. Little cold it shop so space out time spent there.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Had a request for live edge charcuterie boards as Christmas gifts for daughter #2 and granddaughter, so am dusting off the old jig that carves the bowls in the boards and will have to remember how to set it up. Its a good way to use all those small pieces of cherry slab that keep getting in the way.

Not much on this homefront... maybe a little shop time today, I need to work on a custom order... it's been too cold and busy to do anything earlier this week...
tomorrow doing my holiday market downtown K'ville... Sunday playing cashier at the museum market place to cover the cost of my booth there.
Monday LOML has a doctor's appointment to check her eyes again... with her diabetes, she's having some problems with macular degeneration.

Revision to plans... canceling the trip to the Holiday Market... precautionary to the Covid-19... can't risk bringing it home to Dianne.

Last edited:
We've had packages arriving all week, so probably going to have a wrap party to get them all under the tree. Still finishing up the rocker. I may work on some walls and sanding the beam to get ready for paint. Then maybe clean up some yard and get some lights up outside.

Working on my garden room as the weather permits. Starting to get a little cooler out. The stone dust is all tamped and I made all the pavers around the perimeter. I mixed 28 60# bags of concrete - whew.

I am now making a brick and mortar base foundation that I will build on. I have NEVER done brick and mortar before.

Doing a one on one 4-year refresher CCW session with a student this afternoon. Sometime this weekend I plan to go to my sister's new place and put some trim around her bathroom mirrors. May also finish out the end caps on a couple of pieces of cabinetry that have been relocated there. And if time, weather, and energy permits, I'd like to get started on a cutting board project that's going to be a Christmas gift.

I cleaned the front yard of leaves, for the last time, this year. Then. went to the neighbors to visit awhile.
Tomorrow, I will load the SUV, with many gifts:eek:, and bright and early Sun. morning leave. Where you ask...Dripping Springs, Texas.
We will be spending as much of the winter as we are allowed. We are staying with our daughter.
Merry Christmas to all, and be safe.

...I am now making a brick and mortar base foundation that I will build on. I have NEVER done brick and mortar before.
I spent most of one winter as a masonry inspector on the construction of the El Dorado Hotel in Santa Fe. My job was literally to observe masons all day long to ensure they inserted rebar and poured grout at the specified spacing as the cinder block walls were built. After watching them for months, I figured I knew enough about mixing mortar and laying block that it would be easy to repair a few loose blocks on my backyard wall. Man, was I wrong, lol. :rofl: My repair job looked like it had been done by a blind gorilla on drugs. :bonkers: I gained a lot of respect for masons after that experience.

Last edited: