Friday 14Apr23

Fina and kids are coming tonight to move hog feed. Have a 1,000 lbs ordered to be delivered today so we can move it and fill the hog feeder. Kids 4H hogs and calves are here for now. 10 pigs eating 4-7 lbs of feed daily adds up. Feeder isn't where we can fill with auger so bucket brigade it is tonight! Bought another auger feed cart on a sale so Lou and I are going to pick it up tomorrow. Get home and get some putzing done before the weather comes in. Supposed to start raining Sat. afternoon/evening, Sunday into Monday. Cold air moving in. Taking Sunday off. Going to watch last week's NASCAR race before this week's (between snoozes!).

I have had a productive week in the shop. I finished my order for ort bowls and cleaned up a bit. I sharpened all my turning tools so they would be at the ready when I next chuck something up. There is a little spot of floor now where you can see the concrete.

Nothing pressing in the shop so I may make a few knives.

Several of my new friends from the luncheon woodworking group aka 'Vintage Chips' are coming over in about an hour to see some of my work and my shop. The shop is a mess but I didn't have time to really straighten it up. Just swept up the floor and cleaned the benches a bit. I guess there are still benches under all that wood I have piled upon them. I moved a couple of folding chairs into position so they can sit and swap tales. It wouldn't be a meeting of woodworkers or woodturners if a few tales weren't told.

this after noon I will be attending a memorial service for a WWII hero along with several member of the Legion Riders. I posted a separate thread about him. Tomorrow I'll finish up my taxes they are due on Tuesday. Sunday Morning Church and then working Bingo after with the Riders. Monday will be a Riders meeting. It's election time and I have been told that I will be nominated for Ride Captain which mean I will be responsible for planning, organizing and leading the monthly Rides. Should be fun.

Still not much doin' in my shop - gotta get out there and re-introduce myself!!

In a short while, Bobbie and I will perform our ritual drive to Boston for lunch, Once back home, I'll settle into the sofa for a nap!

Saturday will be a bit of shop time to work on a little magazine rack for our kitchen. Gotta get a bunch of cookbooks better organized and off the cabinet!

Sunday? Yep, the usual morning duties of me preparing brunch, then chillin' until race time.

Just finishing up on the fence. I just need to finish up a few details.

I moved one blueberry bush this morning, but New Englanders are still comfortable in high 40' to mid 50's. We find mid 60's to be almost uncomfortable.

We are in record breaking high last couple of days - mid to upper 80's
We don't care for that even in July

No leaves on the trees yet so no shade

I have the A/C on in the house.
APRIL?????

I was burning in the wood stove last week.

I'll be hanging out the first part of the day with my new plumber buddies as they muck out and backfill the hole in our dining room. At some point this afternoon, I'll be loading up my gear and heading over to the Dragonhorn Tavern to get set up for our monthly gig. After that I'll come home to nap and shower, then it's playtime until about midnight. I should be back home and gear unloaded by about 3:00 tomorrow morning.

Saturday I guess it'll be time to get off my butt and file my taxes. There will also most likely be some napping involved, too. Sunday will be a bit of yardwork and whatever else LOML dreams up for me. We might try get out of the house and go down by the river just to hang out and look for anything interesting to photograph. And then some more napping. :D

Trying to organize my batteries and chargers. I need a charging station, but am not sure I have the wall real estate to do it. Lots of yard work amd mulching to do...dang red mulch is $30/yard at the source now, up five bucks from last year. My trailer holds three yards and I usually need 12 yards, so I'll be getting some trailer backing practice. That mail box better watch out!

My wife and SIL are going to pickup at tree and some flowers to plant. I need to throw up temporary railing around the porch of the Guest house so that we can use it Saturday in the event of rain for a Celebration of life for her grandparents. Still working on the urn, got some wood glued up to finish the base and top, then sanding and finishing to do. Lots of yard work yet and things to pick up.

I'll be on vacation next week to spend time with our granddaughter, whom is going to stay with us for the week.

I need to get a burn permit and clean the 4 ft pile of shavings from behind the lathe, burn all the rose stems from last fall's rose bush trimmings, start getting rid of the tree that fell in the last big rain/wind storm we had, then continue with the finish on the 9 pepper mills I'm working on and the 6 little bowls, in preparation for my farmer's market booth that begins first Saturday next month... also need to try and alleviate some of the dust in the shop, either sweep or vacuum.... don't know about tomorrow and Sunday yet, but will probably be a continuation of today.

Thi past week got all the brush burned up, almost. Had a few trees and bushes that did not survive our past summer drought and harsh cold winter. Lost 3 Canaan furs and lilac bushes and bittersweet bush. Now more trimming on whats left. Today getting patio ready for summer. Cushions out for chairs. House plants arranged around the place and just enjoying the warm weather. Have all my shop work done so have to dream up more projects.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend and more.
David

Sitting here waiting on someone to pickup the dovetail jig I'm selling
Nothing at all planned
No projects so I'll be on the lathe turning Santa gnomes and elf gnomes until another project comes along
My daughter wanted 2 more children's chairs for a table I made couple years ago not sure if I want to make anymore chairs

Had my grandchildren today
My boy totally knocked me out in the heat
Couldn't do anything after that

Today I sleeped in 7:30. Went into the shop after hunting all week. Caught up on computer and some statues that needed repairs. Out the door at 4 AM Saturday for another hunt in Va. Then Saturday afternoon shop time then Sunday, Monday & Tuesday morning hunts lined up in Va. Thursday Maryland season opens. I love the Turkey woods.
Shop has deer trails again. About 1'.5 wide. Guys are focused and it feels great as always just to turn much over to JARROD and let him learn. I've done all I can do he needs to settle in. I do feel confident he got this.

Last edited:
Today I sleeped in 7:30. Went into the shop after hunting all week. Caught up on computer and some statues that needed repairs. Out the door at 4 AM Saturday for another hunt in Va. Then Saturday afternoon shop time then Sunday, Monday & Tuesday morning hunts lined up in Va. Thursday Maryland season opens. I love the Turkey woods.
Shop has deer trails again. About 1'.5 wide. Guys are focused and it feels great as always just to turn much over to JARROD and let him learn. I've done all I can do he needs to settle in. I do feel confident he got this.
my son lives on the east end of long island, he has around 1.5 acres of land, alot of woodlands across the street as there is woods and then a river. he has seen alot of wild turkeys in the back area of his prop;erty. not sure on the laws out here, but I know you arent allowed to discharge a weapon. I was suprised that he had wild turkey, alot of deer, deer all over long island, possum, skunks, raccoons, rabbits, never saw or heard of wild turkey here

my son lives on the east end of long island, he has around 1.5 acres of land, alot of woodlands across the street as there is woods and then a river. he has seen alot of wild turkeys in the back area of his prop;erty. not sure on the laws out here, but I know you arent allowed to discharge a weapon. I was suprised that he had wild turkey, alot of deer, deer all over long island, possum, skunks, raccoons, rabbits, never saw or heard of wild turkey here
There are a lot of birds there. He maybe able to use a Crossbow. I've shot them with mine.