Friday 14May21

Dave Hoskins

Leaving shortly to go to the VA Hospital to get another shot in the back. They are using a catheter to reach past all the scar tissue I have in the lower back to get the stuff further up for better relief. Wheeee!!! Then the weekend being a couch spud and slowly back to doing stuff in the shop on Monday.

good luck with that...another boring weekend....physical therapy today. will work on some small trinket boxes over the weekend....hopefully now that masks mandates are finished, maybe get together with some friends and go out to dinner.

I'll start my day early at the dentist - 8am appointment - routine cleaning.

Bobbie and I will drive to Boston for shrimp and catfish for lunch today, as usual. When we get back home, I'll have a nap like normal.

After my nap, I hope to finish the update to my dust collector - exhaust through the wall to blow the fines out for the rest of the world!

I need to make a trip to Stone's, a regional home center. to get plywood for a storage cabinet/display unit for our home office. Don't know whether that will be this afternoon or Saturday morning. I have a lot of the cherry for it already milled.

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then spending the rest of the day chilling out and watching some racing.

Leaving shortly to go to the VA Hospital to get another shot in the back. They are using a catheter to reach past all the scar tissue I have in the lower back to get the stuff further up for better relief. Wheeee!!! Then the weekend being a couch spud and slowly back to doing stuff in the shop on Monday.
Best of luck with that! Hope you get some long term help with the pain. Semper Fi!

Putting the last four little bits of trim on the fireplace mantel today - pictures to follow!

Lawn work this afternoon then back into the shop to work on the Greene sofa table. Slowly coming together. I finished all the shelves yesterday. I now have to begin work on the drawer and doors - saving the hardest for last.

Shelly and I having a greT time in Myrtle Beach this week. Lots of great sea food. Not much good riding.
We leave to stay with Jacob and Sara at there new place about 70 miles north for a few days.
BTW My bike's tensioner chain broke. It will be back on the trailor.

We're hanging out with the grandkids mostly this weekend. Sunday I'll probably continue to work on my daughter's vanity project. I'm off on Monday and should have my second solar panel. I may try to get the shore power wiring done.

We're having our first full band rehearsal in nearly a year this afternoon. We haven't all played together since last July or so. There'll probably be lots of rust flying around, lol. To make things more interesting, this will also be our first rehearsal with a new guitarist/singer, Lloyd. He's a good friend with a good amount of experience. (Our drummer is the sound man the other band Lloyd plays in. They're probably the best rock cover band in town.)

Aside from that, I'm planning to drain and clean our little fountain that's in our front courtyard, need to deadhead a rose bush, and would like to get my tomato bed prepped and ready for plants.

Last edited:
This past Thursday night junior high band concert. Grandson playing baritone horn. Instrument almost as big as he is. Sunday grandson number one graduation.
Nice since the COVID restrictions have eased. Busy with the grandkids. makes it pleasurable to be alive.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David