Friday 16Dec22

We’re into the pre-Christmas list here as well, getting the house ready for our boys to arrive later this week. We still have restoration work going on in two rooms at the same time (not my idea, but it’s my job to put it right🙄), so we’re just going to curtain it off and hide it all for a few days of family feasting.
I’m sorry to see that so many of you are ailing. I hope you’ll be over it soon and that it doesn’t jump the border!! Although, there are at least three different viruses circulating here as well, so we’re taking all precautions.
The shop is busy here too, although the bench is occupied with storm window repairs. I know, that’s a summer job, but my “part-time” farm work up the road threw a lot of maintenance jobs off the rails this year.
I did get my big old Farmall back home this week after a list of repairs and upgrades at the welding shop. Now I have to re-configure it for snow ploughing, just in case. No snow here yet, but it’s all around us. -2C and raining this morning, so I’m not looking for outdoor work!

...No snow here yet, but it’s all around us. -2C and raining this morning, so I’m not looking for outdoor work!
-4.5° C here this morning, and it's supposed to be our high for the day. Got an inch or so of snow yesterday/overnight. Not supposed to ger much above freezing during the coming week, then getting colder and snowing (perhaps heavily) over the Christmas weekend and into the New Year. Winter in NE Ohio...

-4.5° C here this morning, and it's supposed to be our high for the day. Got an inch or so of snow yesterday/overnight. Not supposed to ger much above freezing during the coming week, then getting colder and snowing (perhaps heavily) over the Christmas weekend and into the New Year. Winter in NE Ohio...
Looks like the dead of winter, Jim. Time to hunker down in the shop.

Our younger son is on a construction site in NW Alberta and he says tomorrow’s forecast high is -42C 😳. They’ve already notified crews the site will be shut down, except a skeleton crew, which includes him, to keep an eye on heaters, motors etc. I expect productivity will be quite low.

I hate when I see something here and wanna try to copy
I haven't touched my lathe other than a bowl I made last year?
Maybe I made 2 bowls?
It's a good lean up against thing to sort out my boards but I had to dig up some scrap and at least try a gnome
First try if I decide to get fur I'll hit this with tung oil as I like walnut with tung oil
Anyway my grandson decided he wanted to help daddy install a new door

Attachments

• 23D49B58-27FC-43C1-B064-5D8953FE9B1F.jpeg
    23D49B58-27FC-43C1-B064-5D8953FE9B1F.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 20
  • A0D399ED-10AD-4099-9E24-9222D8A590A3.jpeg
    A0D399ED-10AD-4099-9E24-9222D8A590A3.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 39525DAE-7F2B-4925-A493-CB1C6B88B416.jpeg
    39525DAE-7F2B-4925-A493-CB1C6B88B416.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 20