Friday 16th

For the past few weeks I've been working on a William and Mary table. My soul purpose of building this was to do a project with turned legs. I've had a lathe for 6-7 years and still haven't done much with it, untill I saw this in PWW. Anyway, It's got the early coats of finish on it now and I hope to wrap it up this weekend, if all the yard work doesn't get in the way.assembled.JPG

Bit the bullet this week and finally got a new (to us) vehicle. LOML has campaigned for a long time to get something she would fit in. The F150 was to big for her, Settled on Ford Edge 2019 Titanium. Only had 14000 miles and price was right. With all the bells and whistles and don't know if I will ever learn the thing. It is fun to drive after a big pickup for so long. We've had the pickup 16 years and has served us well. Did get to keep it as second vehicle. Need something to make recycle trips and lumber runs etc. This morning lumber run to pick up more maple. Working on a tumbling block cutting board. Wife said why. Said cause I can or want to. Just like quilts. Not totally necessary but fun and constructive.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

We recently joined the new vehicle gang with a 2021 Ford F250 Super Duty to replace my old Dodge Ram. Also got a small 5' x 10' utility trailer (you can't get your new truck dirty.) Will be hauling tree debris to the recycle yard this weekend, and picking up some cattle panels and T-posts from tractor supply to try and keep my son's dog from destroying my garden.
IMG_4612.jpeg

Mostly rainy all day today. Gonna take it easy me thinks. My new power lift recliner is supposed to get here today. Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You want to be careful with those things... I have a power recliner and EVERY time I sit down in it and lean back, it makes my eyes close... just like those dolly babies my daughter used to have.:sleep::sleep:... sure is comfortable though.

Need to weld up a frame for my daughters bathroom vanity support. More work on the work trailer, going to try and get the cubbies built and basic electrical finished up this weekend. Should see the grandkids this weekend, maybe spend some time with them and their new fur baby. Also working on finishing some on-going house projects, planning to put it on the market in a few months. Lots of stuff to weed through, move to storage, sell, and put in a dumpster.

Finally finished Nancy's drawers (neighbor) for her pantry. Clean up the shop today, tomorrow will drag out the Harleys and wash about a years worth of dust and spider webs off and see if they still run. Maybe go for a ride on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll join..picked up our new ride 10 days ago. 2021 Honda Pilot SE, traded in 2018 Pilot.
Still dealing w/gout..pain is gone, but swelling is not. boo Did make it down to the shop..not much progress..waiting on MLCS, and Amazon.
Rest is probably best. Envy for you Dave..hunted all my adult life..never got to hunt turkeys. bummer

stay safe

I guess I'm the only one here who's not getting a new vehicle this weekend, lol. :D

No firm plans for the weekend yet. I have some cleaning and organizing to do in the house, but other than that, I have noting exciting on the to-do list.

Late to the party this week!

I got a pot of beans with ham started this morning to have ready for lunch Saturday, then Bobbie and I drove to Boston for our usual Friday lunch of shrimp and catfish. Mostly been lazy this afternoon, although we have done some planning for some landscaping modifications.

Saturday will be shop time for me - more cleanup and preparing to start milling cherry for a new cabinet for our home office.

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out the remainder of the day watching NASCAR, etc.

It's a crazy weekend, never know how some light pole may get knocked over on your lumber hauler.
True that. In 2019 the next door neighbor drove hard into the left rear corner of my Ranger pickup, which stays parked on the street. This is the truck with the Tommy Lift on the back, so the front of her little econobox SUV took the brunt of the damage. Due to the age and high mileage of the Ranger, the insurance company came real close to totaling it out for far less than it would cost me to replace it. Fortunately, I found a body shop that would fix it for a low enough price that the insurance folks went along with it.

Fast forward to about a month ago, LOML noticed a small new dent in the same rear fender, and a bunch of white paint scraped onto the Tommy Lift. Someone else hit it, but judging from the paint on the lift gate I suspect they got the short end of the stick, lol. The dent in my truck isn't worth trying to fix.

We recently joined the new vehicle gang with a 2021 Ford F250 Super Duty to replace my old Dodge Ram. Also got a small 5' x 10' utility trailer (you can't get your new truck dirty.) Will be hauling tree debris to the recycle yard this weekend, and picking up some cattle panels and T-posts from tractor supply to try and keep my son's dog from destroying my garden.
View attachment 116033

nice.....I loved my f150, the one I drove to a few family gatherings...but that was all about I drove it....that and some lumber pickups and furniture deliveries....the tires rotted in the driveway from lack of use....I finally sold it. but we also are in the new car category this weekend.....I promised elen when she retired we would trade in her edge and she could get any suv she wanted......we ordered it 3 months ago....just told this morning it finally arrived, so if the saleswoman is in tomorrow....we will go finalize the paperwork and hopefully have it monday am.....if not tomorrow, Im certain by monday afternoon...so have it tuesday....gla250.......not my taste...way too small for me....but it wasnt my choice.
besides that......we have absolutely nothing planned...nada...zilch......Ill probably vacuum the shop and not much else.....I was going next week to take down remaining walls in my sons house...he isnt waiting to finish....so next week I will assist him in our first attempt to lay down solid wood flooring....Ill do the cutting. I dont see a real problem with it.....I just might sleep late tomorrow, no baby to watch.....