Friday 17Jul20

Dave Hoskins

Another one has arrived. Errands today along with some tamales I am sure. Shop time over the weekend. Got to watch 3 of my big bucks eating some breakfast corn this morning. Cool! Handsome looking fellers.

Cooler yesterday so got yard chores done up. Trimmed hedges and cut back wisteria and cleaned up yard. Supposed to be hotter and more humid today so run a few errands then hibernate in the cool ac.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. Stay away from the virus stuff.
David

Friday? Oh, yeah . . . we lose track sometimes! :)

In my shop today doing more on my demilune - sanding the sealer and preparing for first top coat. Also working on a small sign for a grandson - a Chevy bowtie!

Saturday will be more work on the demilune and little sign.

Sunday? Our usual, of course! I'll prepare brunch - pancakes, bacon and eggs this week. Then, I'll settle in to watch some golf and NASCAR.

Home again. Been away so long a tree started growing in my truck! The weed monster attacked the garden while we were gone too. Looks like a weeks worth of clean up...but I hear it's very therapeutic.:bonkers:
IMG_3617.jpeg

Last edited:
When you hot, you hot! 🥵 🥵

Heat indices into the triple digits here. No yard work! Will work in the shop till it gets too warm. Cutting and finishing the drawer fronts for the 9 drawer dresser and putting the last coats on the Gustav Greene coffee table. Might even begin assembly on that by Sunday.

Work today. I've been working out kinks of the new dust controller all week, starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel or S&D PVC pipe at least. I may try to get my plumbing/electrical shelf moved to make way for that new dc to live in its space and start running pvc.

Wow, another weekend already? I suspect it'll be like just about every other day around here...nothing substantial planned. Our weather has been a bit cooler here this week. The summer monsoon season is rearing its head, so the temps have been in the 90s with scattered afternoon showers. Yesterday was the first day we got any real rain, though.

I do have to replace a hose bibb that's got a slow leak, and have a bit of gun cleaning that needs to be done. Aside from that, I'll just be making it up as I go along. ;)

heat indexes expected near 100 here tomorrow, good thing is my daughter is having a small gathering so we can go in her pool. 12 of us, and simple pizza and salad lunch. ofcourse, while Im there, I will attach moldings above the new floating floor, install a piece of chairrail molding for the cab I put in, and attach the tree troll entranceway I made for her backyard tree. if the heat doesnt kill me, Ill go in the pool.