Friday - 1Jul22

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Everything but a normal week/weekend around here.

Started our week with Bobbie having surgery Tuesday morning. The main motivator for surgery was a basal cell carcinoma about a half inch across on her left jaw line. Simple enough that the normal process is to douse it with a local anesthetic and cut it. However, she has issues with most locals so for a lot of procedures, she has to get a general anesthetic. That being the case, we talked with the plastic surgeon about also doing her eyelids (suggested by her eye doctor a few years ago} as well as under her eyes. There was no issue scheduling the complete package with the surgeon and hospital. Surgery started about 1030 and she was in recovery about 1315. Around 1500, they loaded her into our Explorer for the hour trip back home. She's doing amazingly well, but most of my time has been watching after her.

Photos - one before and two on Tuesday.
20220626.jpg20220628a.JPG20220628b.JPG

So, no trek to Boston for shrimp and catfish today! Darn it!!!

Not sure if I'll get any real shop time for a few more days.

We will go to my daughters house for a 4-th cookout.
The locals shoot home brew fireworks around the Lake.

I will be working on the Fisherman plus another GnG draw pull

Not much yard work --- too hot out.

Will get back to kitchen remodel

Bill - Give Bobbie a HUGE hug.
I really do wish both of you well.
SPEEDY RECOVERY

Dianne has a droopy eye lid on one eye and has had since I met her, but was getting worse lately. Her eye doc suggested having it corrected surgically.. and since it might affect the other eye, have both lifted.... the surgeon said it MIGHT help but wouldn't guarantee.... she's opted to just live with the droop.

Still recouping from my internal bleed... my leg has gone rainbow colors... purple, green, yellow etc...
Today we go to the local shelter to pick up Dianne's new kittens... she finally found a couple she liked... they were spayed/neutered earlier this week and she's anxious to get them. She has wanted a pet tht would cuddle with her for a couple of years now and Harley has bonded to me and has little to do with her. ...

Hope Bobbie gets to feeling better soon.

The neighbor's been baling hay all week, he finished yesterday afternoon. He might have finished the day prior, but between getting stuck, a flat tire, and his wires to the baler getting caught and connectors pulled apart, he was having a "off" day. So I got him pulled out of the mud, found a 50 year old spare tractor tire to fit his rake and save him a trip to town, and found my wire connectors to get his baler patched up. I admire his attitude though, didn't get mad even once, he took all as a day on the farm. ;)

This morning I dropped my truck at the glass shop getting a rear slider window replaced that got busted out about a month or so ago (lawn mower and rocks don't always mix). Tonight I plan to pickup a small above ground pool I ordered. I have some yard work to do tomorrow morning or on Sunday morning, then start pool assembly. The creek has been pretty low, so SWMBO wants to make sure the grandkids have something to do on the farm again. :huh:

If I have any spare time I'll do a little brush hogging where the neighbor couldn't get under trees and try to get trees in the field trimmed up a bit for the September/October cutting.

Hope Bobbie gets to feeling better soon.

The neighbor's been baling hay all week, he finished yesterday afternoon. He might have finished the day prior, but between getting stuck, a flat tire, and his wires to the baler getting caught and connectors pulled apart, he was having a "off" day. So I got him pulled out of the mud, found a 50 year old spare tractor tire to fit his rake and save him a trip to town, and found my wire connectors to get his baler patched up. I admire his attitude though, didn't get mad even once, he took all as a day on the farm. ;)

This morning I dropped my truck at the glass shop getting a rear slider window replaced that got busted out about a month or so ago (lawn mower and rocks don't always mix). Tonight I plan to pickup a small above ground pool I ordered. I have some yard work to do tomorrow morning or on Sunday morning, then start pool assembly. The creek has been pretty low, so SWMBO wants to make sure the grandkids have something to do on the farm again. :huh:

If I have any spare time I'll do a little brush hogging where the neighbor couldn't get under trees and try to get trees in the field trimmed up a bit for the September/October cutting.
Good neighbors are a treasure. Sounds like you two are going to get along great.

Wishing Bobbie a quick recovery. 🎉

LOML and I are going to a baseball game this evening, but aside from that, we have no big plans for the weekend. We discussed heading up to the mountains for a day trip, but will probably just stay in town to save some gas. Plus, most of the forests around here are still closed due to severe fire danger.

Tour de France started today! In celebration, we went for an early morning bike ride today. We did the Rex Derr trail at Pearrygin Lake State Park. We started over at Bear Creek golf course taking a route through pasture land. We immediately ran into a problem with about 8 bulls lounging on the road. After a 10 minute wait, 4 of them decided to head down the road.

1656705625915.png

That left four that did not show any inclination to move on. They were too busy throwing dirt on themselves to rid them of the hoard of small black flies. We decided to bypass the road by climbing above and around them.

1656706155431.png

We finally arrived at State Park area and parted ways as I tend to ride the more difficult trails. I took one trail to one side of the lake and then cycled back and took the trail on the other side of lake.

1656706475150.png

1656706305593.png

1656706392093.png

1656706632998.png

1656706747703.png

Heading back to my truck, I only encountered four of bulls and they were laying right next to the road. I rode past them slowly keeping an eye on them. If they made any move to get to their feet, I was gone. In generally all the bulls were very mild and seemed indifferent to me, but I was not taking any chances.

1656707170754.png

Tour de France started today! In celebration, we went for an early morning bike ride today. We did the Rex Derr trail at Pearrygin Lake State Park. We started over at Bear Creek golf course taking a route through pasture land. We immediately ran into a problem with about 8 bulls lounging on the road. After a 10 minute wait, 4 of them decided to head down the road.

View attachment 121181

That left four that did not show any inclination to move on. They were too busy throwing dirt on themselves to rid them of the hoard of small black flies. We decided to bypass the road by climbing above and around them.

View attachment 121182

We finally arrived at State Park area and parted ways as I tend to ride the more difficult trails. I took one trail to one side of the lake and then cycled back and took the trail on the other side of lake.

View attachment 121185

View attachment 121183

View attachment 121184

View attachment 121186

View attachment 121187

Heading back to my truck, I only encountered four of bulls and they were laying right next to the road. I rode past them slowly keeping an eye on them. If they made any move to get to their feet, I was gone. In generally all the bulls were very mild and seemed indifferent to me, but I was not taking any chances.

View attachment 121188
those are all beautiful shots of the wide open space out there.

Good neighbors are a treasure. Sounds like you two are going to get along great.
He told me he’s been doing the property south of us for 30 years. He’s been doing ours at least 10 years and can continue as long as he’s up to it. We’ve got a usda program grandpa signed up for a few years back, it’s got 3 years left and we may rent it out for him to keep cattle on, at least the south pasture.
Should be our last Friday, here in TX, hope to be home in MI, by Friday.
Hope you can, hope your wife is doing better. :wave: