Friday 22Jan21

Nice days outside are few and far between. I am still working on my Garden Room.

Today is supposed to be in the mid 40's and I think I can get at least "some" of the clear corrugated roof panels on. I managed to get 2 walls up, and some roof framing.

Tomorrow - and Sunday I will be making a Greene and Greene fixture out of a nice piece of Oak. I will do a video on that.

Woke up this morning to less than a mile visibility... difficult to see the big barn across the road.
Had planned to make a run up to my favorite wood store, but may have to delay for a while. suppose to lift by noon though.
Problem is my wood store is 1 1/2 hour away and wanted to get an earlier start.

Finishing up some pantry shelves and, since the weather is nice, the holiday decorations have to come down and some trees and shrubs need pruning.

Fixed a couple of more wires on the truck due to squirrel damage, pretty sure they got into it while I was in AZ, did a good wrapping of all of the patched wires along with those in the same area, but have a pellet rifle coming this weekend, so going to start thinning the tree rat population. Also going to work on getting it parked inside the shop again, but need to move a few projects along there.

Did the shooting qualification part of a one-on-one CCW class this morning. We did the classroom part yesterday.

My main plan for the weekend is to upgrade my laptop with some additional memory and a new 1TB SSD. First step is to clone the current HDD onto the new M.2 SSD. Once that's done I get to open up the machine to install the new memory and SSD. Knowing ahead of time how much I don't enjoy working on the insides of laptops, I'm not really looking forward to it, but I figured I'd try this before springing for a whole new computer. :rolleyes:

Going to set up an auger from a wagon that we had cattle feed delivered into. Going to move 500-1000 pounds over to the pony barn for Lou's convenience. Have a couple logs down and while the tractor is running will pull them up to the stove. Sunday is supposed to be freezing rain changing to snow late and Monday. Calling for up to 6" depending on which pattern crosses over us. Be safe all!

Sun been out the past day and supposed to be sunny again today and then the bottom falls out. So do a little shop work on project cutting board. Get glued up while warm. can cut and mill in any temperature.
Stay safe and healthy.
David

Bobbie and I spent last night and the early hours of this morning at the ER with the docs trying to determine the cause of extreme vertigo I began to experience. A CT scan showed it was not a residual of the hard bump to my head I suffered a few weeks ago, but no real clues have surfaced so far. They sent me home with some valium which is supposed to help alleviate vertigo. I have an appointment with my PC doctor Monday and will see what he says.

Obviously, no shop time this weekend, darn it!!!