Friday 23Jul21

I am in Flagstaff been here since wed visiting my sister in law. I am headed for Henderson (Las Vegas) Nevada for a memorial service for my nephew who died from Covid last year He was in his late 40's.He left behind a wife and 4 little ones. Then on Sunday I 'll be toking the CNC to it's new home. Lots of driving. At least it's been nice in Flag , been in the 70, got some rain but was able to go out have some nice dinner and just hang out.

Started the weekend in my usual fashion by mowing our lawn Thursday, then did a little prep for a final coat of finish on the doors for our office cabinet project.

This morning (Friday) I sprayed the inside of the aforementioned doors. They'll spend a few hours curing before I flip them to do the final on the outside. In the meantime, I need to finish the layouts in VCarve for pulls for the doors. I'll also start milling some cherry for some of the parts for the display shelves that will serve as the upper for the cabinet. Lunch today will be the usual drive to Boston for shrimp and catfish!!!

Saturday should include mounting the doors on the cabinet, which will get them out of my shop so I can make a mess with the other parts for the shelf unit going on top of the cabinet.

Sunday will be the normal routine of me preparing brunch, then the remainder of the day will be pure laziness!

Shop time, entertaining grandson, getting things done and out of the way before the load of Michigan chocolate gets here. Rain this weekend so yard work will be put off till later in the week. Hope to have this bench built by Wednesday.

Not sure what I'll be doing... need to mow, maybe...
Shop time to finish a bowl and some pepper mills, maybe
Sunday my baby sister from Montana will be dropping by on her way home... her husband is on a business trip to West Virginia and they're on the way back.... not totally sure of his work, but seems like he's a slot machine vendor or mechanic. Will be a treat to visit with her again, it's been close to 14 years since last time we were together.

I've got a long list of items to take care of this weekend, mostly painting and trim touch ups, and more packing/cleaning. The photographer is coming Tuesday and the house is getting listed next week. The realtor expects that we'll have multiple over-asking offers and be under contract within a week. She already priced it much higher than we were expecting to get for the start price.

The grandkids are here today for their mom's birthday celebration tonight.

Coming down the home stretch on 5 signs for a local shop in Padanaram (South Dartmouth). That area is an improving touristy location. Beaches, boats, New York yacht club, a few really nice ice cream stops. Just a downright PRETTY New England area.

I will post pics when done. I will also be making a video of this project.

Sprayed primer yesterday on the 8' W x 25' L x 10' H back hallway and will be spraying finish today. Bought an airless spray as I will have a lot more painting to do. Didn't do too bad with only a couple of runs which we rolled out.

Other than that just keeping an eye on the nearby wildfires and staying hunkered down with both large room air purifiers running hard. The smoke is bad.

1627054073358.png

Just had all the windows/doors replaced in the house. The house had the same windows that were put on it in the late 70's, so was high time. I don't think the old ones kept the wind/dust/heat/cold out very well at all, so this is a welcome change.

The problem is I have a some trim that needs replacing/painting, etc... The guys did a great job installing, but they couldn't do it all.

Also probably going to be a bit of a BBQ going on on Sunday, so theres that.

And I need to clean up and make a little room in the shop. Going to be a busy few days, lol.

Heading up to Angel Fire NM in a minute to go play another outdoor concert as part of their Cool Summer Nights series. Doing this one as a trio this time, since the new guy is out of the state on a work assignment. Hoping the rain gods cooperate like they did last time we played there.

Saturday will be mostly spent recuperating from Friday's activities. (5+ hours of driving, 3+ hours of setting up and tearing down, and 2 1/2 hours of performing).

Sunday I'm teaching a 4-year CCW renewal course to a group of four people. It'll be a couple of hours doing classroom stuff and then a couple of hours at the range re-qualifying everybody.

Started the day painting window & door frames , I painted the windows yesterday. 26 frames were painted in 4 hrs. Not bad for an old house painter. Monday I need to apply the 2nd coat.
This is 1904 built by the customers grandfather.
Tomorrow is out yearly Md Bowhunters banquet.
Sunday either play in the shop or go for a ride to see Skylar.

Attachments

• 16270630102175451252316769081216.jpg
    16270630102175451252316769081216.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 16270644997237299963841146525707.jpg
    16270644997237299963841146525707.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 15
Got the yard mowed Thursday while still respectably cool. This morning COVID test for up coming hospiital procedure. Monday a scan of heart down the throat. TEE is the thing. Thrn schedule for Watchman procedure to install a screen over pocket that is located in everyones heart. This is done by going up the vein of the groin. Not really looking forward to this.
David

Got the yard mowed Thursday while still respectably cool. This morning COVID test for up coming hospiital procedure. Monday a scan of heart down the throat. TEE is the thing. Thrn schedule for Watchman procedure to install a screen over pocket that is located in everyones heart. This is done by going up the vein of the groin. Not really looking forward to this.
David
David wishing all the best.