Friday 23SEP22

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Normal Friday for us: A bit of time in the shop for me, Bobbie taking care of the cats, then make our trek to Boston for lunch. She'll have shrimp as always - not sure about me as they've had trouble with their catfish supplier. Today might be a Philly cheese steak.

Saturday will be some shop time, then head next door to watch the UGA game with the neighbors.

Sunday will be our usual routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out until race time.

Yesterday we got heavy rain, so outside is really wet. Nicely cooled off. It's just 49 degrees right now. A little chilly on the bare feet outside. Very welcome weather.

Finish staining 3 kitchen cabinets

Maybe a little work on the seahorses.

Yesterday was a trip to my local client

Working on a model of a whale tail in Aspire. I do that during lunch or taking a break from the shop.

Getting ready to spray Poly on 3 kitchen cabinets

I have a request from another online customer for an inlay into a RV table, so getting that going

Still setting up for ETSY Christmas sales.

I have been informed that I have a couple of errands to run. Not by Belinda, but by Rosco and Chloe Dog. They are almost out of their treats. So gotta go get some. And, the deer hinted they were low on corn. Gotta go get some. Then the rest of the day is supposed to be mine as well as the weekend.

Beautiful weather here with temps in the low seventies. Good weather for outside stuff. I'm sure the gutters need cleaning and the shop is a mess. Plenty to do. I just need to pick a few things and get 'em finished.

Not sure here, Dianne needs a couple of batteries for her blood sugar meter, and like Hoskins said, Harley is getting low of dog food.
May try to do a little yard work today... need to dead head some rose bushes, pull some of the corn stalks the squirrels planted around the yard, and maybe pull a few weeds out of the rose beds. Might get up enough energy to do some shop work.
Working as a fill in clerk at the Museum this Sunday.

I had to run to the city yesterday for work, when I got back my wife informed me that her ice maker and the washer we’re both not performing well. Ill be taking a look at those today. I need to mow the Yard and catch up on trimming. Other than that I have a few stumps to diig and scrap to pickup to get where I can try out the saw mill, of which I need to finish setting up.

Kind of a mixed bag this weekend.

I've got a small project going on in the shop - a roof for one of the roadrunner feeders in the yard. I started it a couple of days ago. It's a simple 4-legged structure with a sloped roof. I spent a couple of hours doing about 15 minutes of cutting the parts. (It took me three or four tries to get one of the legs cut in the right orientation. Doh! I'm out of practice with this woodworking stuff.) I've since spent the past two days paying for spending the time in the shop. My lungs are getting less and less able to handle the dust, even when using my DC and having the overhead door open. 😐 Still, I'd like to get it finished up this weekend. I'm also in the final stages of fixing up a guitar for one of my grand nephews. It's a hand-me-down from one of his uncles, and all I have left to do on it is sand out and polish a couple of spots where I had to touch up the finish.

I also need to figure out and learn a new song that the band is getting ready to try (Money for Nothing by Dire Straits). The guitar part is pretty straightforward, but Lloyd, the other guitarist will be playing those parts. I'll be trying to cover the keyboard parts with my guitar synthesizer. We'd like to add some new material in time for our October gigs. In addition to our usual "2nd Friday of the month" show at the Dragonhorn, we're playing their Halloween party on October 28th.

Then there's the usual weekend yard work, laundry, Formula 1 race on Sunday, and just general chilling.

we had so many nice plans this weekend and upcoming week. all gone now. my sons suprise birthday party for tomorrow was cancelled b ecasue he came home from arizona with covid.
we were leaving sunday morning for bethlehem area of PA until wednesday but decided to curb the spoending a bit since the market has not been friendly in recent times.
so tomorrow Ill be delivering the bookcase unit I made for my daughter, and sunday will be just football. eh, maybe not such a bad weekend, but covid ruined it all.

Another busy weekend getting ready for winter (more weather-stripping) and also fixing up the temporary clay studio space for my wife down in the mechanical room. We have to get her kiln set up in the next week or so.

The heating oil guy came today and I am set for the winter, but about $1,000 poorer. Ouch! I have another 2 cords of wood coming sometime in the next two weeks.

Today I completed refinishing the linoleum flooring in one of the bathrooms. I had stripped and cleaned it before refinishing it. Looks great! Now sometime in the next couple of months I need to do the same to the kitchen and entry areas.

We are also setting aside time in the morning for getting back to tip-top shape. After winter, spring and early summer we were in great shape, but we were prevented from doing much after that due to the high heat and wildfire smoke. Another factor was we were busy with projects. Something had to give. It is amazing how fast you get out of shape. We started yesterday with a 6 mile hike and continued this morning with 4 mile hike. Both were on hilly terrain. Next we will be jumping back on the bikes. Fall is just a great time around here as the temps have dropped quite a bit. Snowshoeing and XC skiing is just around the corner and we want to be in shape for them. Next year during the heat of summer I will be hiking more in the high mountains to maintain my fitness. I just didn't do enough this year.

Oh yeah, this weekend is the President's Cup and we will spend time watching that.

This morning:
1663973050932.png