Friday 24Jul20

Got a couple of Highschool football players coming by today to move about 6000 Pounds of rock from the driveway to some planters and walkways. Coach says it'll be a good workout for them

Last edited:
Haha dada do!!!! Finally got roof on shop replaced. It leaked like a sieve. Sure slept better last night.
Been in the works with patch jobs after patch jobs for a number of years. Glad it's done.
Daughter visiting for birthday this weekend. Had family gathering last night which was absolutely great. First time together in almost a year. Lots of laughs and joy.
Finished desk I've worked on for lots of time. It's going home with daughter. Get pictures later. Project did show me how neat the new sprayer is. Much finer finish than brush. Now need to learn all the tricks.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend and stay clear of contagious folks.
David

Got my lawn mowed on schedule Thursday, then got a bit over a quarter inch of rain on it later in the day.

In my shop this morning (Friday) - gluing the last of the veneer on apron sections of my demilune. With a little luck, I'll be able to spray sealer on those sections this afternoon. I'll also run a small sign for a grandson on my CNC sometime today.

Saturday will be more on the demilune - first top coats on apron and final top coats on the leg assembly.

Sunday will start with me preparing brunch, then we'll see what happens after that!

well we finally have a brake in the weather for a few day it was actually in the 80's yesterday and still supposed to be in the low 90's here today and tomorrow then back up to the triple digits. I'll try to use the cooler (figuratively speaking) weather to spend a little time on the CNC. Other than that it's sameo sameo.

Still trying to wrestle the garden back from the weeds, snakes and rabbits. We have another week to go in our self imposed quaranteen before we venture out for some essentials. My very thoughtful daughters made sure we came home to a refrigerator full of our favorite foods, so we are all set for a while.

No shop time this weekend. Spending all day Saturday and Sunday taking a training course. More on that later.

Today I'll be putting some finishing smoke on a pork butt that I sous vide cooked for 24 hours between Wednesday and yesterday. I figure 2 to 4 hours in the smoker will add some smoky flavor without it being too much. (LOML isn't a big fan of smoke flavor.) If it works out as planned, we'll have pulled pork for dinner tonight. (Also going to bake the buns for the pulled pork sandwiches.)

another boring nothing to do weekend.
it started off cruddy today, had to replace a line on my navien tankless system for the pressure can, and the 3 way valve was shot. some parts were under warranty, and I finally got the main waste/sewer line replaced, cast iron had a hole in it for years, on the top, so I taped it up and had it retaped by someone, it held great, but know if I want to sell this house, it needs to be replaced, so while they were here, got all the work done today.
1500 bucks later, all is well.(im not complaining, other companies priced me more for the same work, but not a good way to start a weekend)

and before I start on some woodworking projects, I decided to continue on with some pvc animals, giraffe is first. before I cut apart 6 inch pipe, I decided to make a smaller version with 3 inch pipe. I will spend tomorrow and sunday working on it a f ew hours each day.

thankgod I will start working on ripping out my son in laws bar in his man cave and build him a new one out of sapele and maple , make space for a small fridge, and put a nice brass bar rail on the bottom.

Im starting to enjoy woodworking again, as the knee eases up, my motivation is coming back.

I've been down at the farm the last 5 days on vacation, feeling pretty good, but came home to rest. ;) I spent the first couple of days working on things needing done, but then spent the last few mostly fishing, swimming in the creek, and showing them around the farm. The grandson brought in some decent sized Bass from the pond, about 5 of these 14" long ones, but only did some catch and release this trip, fish fry next time.
2020-07-22 16.38.25.jpg

I also picked up his sister her own pole. As you can see, all the work I've done to clear the moss of the pond has worked well.
2020-07-22 15.55.02-2.jpg

We also spent some time on the front swing, this is the 5th generation to use it. It's had a few repairs, but has held up well.
2020-07-22 15.08.09-1.jpg

The rest of my weekend is yard work and pool time, but may get some time in on the cnc or working on cleaning up her GG-Grandfathers work bench.

Spent yesterday mowing the lawn with my new tractor... still deciding if I like the John Deere... seems to be a bit slower moving than my olf Troy-Bilt, but does mow nicely.... the grass was way too long, so that may have been the factor... this was only the second mowing with the new tractor... we had to wait 2 weeks for the delivery and the grass got to almost a foot high, mowed it fine... this second mowing was about 10 days from the first and was first dry day since original mowing... I have a large hill behind the house so that the back side of my lot is actually higher than the house... there is also a slope between the path from the house to the shop that is pretty steep... used to mow it with the Troy-bilt, but don't think I'll use the John Deere there... when I started down that slope, we reach break neck speeds and there are two raised gardens about 6 feet from the bottom of the slope... looks like I'll have more push mower work in the future... finished about 20 minutes before the rains came.
Today I plan to work in the shop... I have a collection of wine glasses I want to cut the stems off and replace with wooden stems...
Tomorrow I have to play cashier at the local Museum & Martket where I have my booth...

I've been down at the farm the last 5 days on vacation, feeling pretty good, but came home to rest. ;) I spent the first couple of days working on things needing done, but then spent the last few mostly fishing, swimming in the creek, and showing them around the farm. The grandson brought in some decent sized Bass from the pond, about 5 of these 14" long ones, but only did some catch and release this trip, fish fry next time.
View attachment 112068

I also picked up his sister her own pole. As you can see, all the work I've done to clear the moss of the pond has worked well.
View attachment 112069

We also spent some time on the front swing, this is the 5th generation to use it. It's had a few repairs, but has held up well.
View attachment 112070

The rest of my weekend is yard work and pool time, but may get some time in on the cnc or working on cleaning up her GG-Grandfathers work bench.
Nothing better than fishing with the kids.

Me at 1 Pm today after 6 hours
On the tractor mowing. And a nice find other property. I did have to stop and and eat the black berries. They were awesome !

Attachments

• 20200725_124851.jpg
    20200725_124851.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200725_062406.jpg
    20200725_062406.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 16