Friday 26Jun20

off to the bank! working up the frame and such for the barber's bench mirror. working up the finish sample for the nephew's coffee and end tables request, and building the new laser engraver.

Doing some window work in shop. Getting second window opened up for more air flow. Little garden work and staying cool.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Got my lawn duties done on Thursday, as I prefer.

Started my Friday shop time with some sanding/fitting of the bentwood trim on the front of the top of my demilune table. Well, that was, of course, after the usual morning herding of the 5 cats outside for their breakfast! I'll continue with the demilune parts, then LOML and I will go to lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse! Afternoon will be more work on the demilune.

Saturday will be more of the same on the demilune.

Sunday should be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out the remainder of the day.

Headed to the Amish market later today... to pick up some fresh veggies... Tomorrow heading over to Athens to Lowe's to pick up a new lawn tractor... mine has about seen it's last days.... put new belts on it a week ago, now the breaks don't work, and my stepson hit a tree root with it and may have bent a blade... anyway it's about 17 years old, the bonnet over the motor is only being held on with chewing gum and baling wire... I need another.
Sunday plan to put more finish on a half dozen pepper mills I have working and about that many bowls....

Worky-work today, may try to get some weeds sprayed tonight and pickup the shop a little. I may run and get some plywood for a project since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I need to do some organizing in the shop for some newly expected tools that should be arriving before or around my birthday (it's a big one this year). I've got a couple of cnc projects I may kick off while I'm doing that.

Still waiting on permits. I was supposed to hear last Friday that it had finally jumped all hurdles and was in the hands of Building and Safety but, can't seem to get a confirmation.

Heading out this afternoon to check out a nearby shooting range/club with my mentor Rick. The city range where our club has been doing our monthly training has gotten to be more and more of a thorn in the side, so we're looking at other options. Aside from that, no firm plans for the weekend.

Today was SUPPOSED to be the day our band was going to play a concert in the park in Angel Fire NM, but that gig was cancelled months ago. We're pretty concerned that when our governor finally opens up the bars to the public here, our regular monthly venue (the Dragonhorn) will no longer be in business. :(

Got the lawn work done yesterday as we are expecting rain today and tomorrow. Running two projects side by side - first coat of varnish on the small dresser case and began milling the wood for the drawer faces. Also hope to assemble large case this weekend. On the living room tables, got all the tops glued up and will start milling for legs, stretchers and shelves soon.

More stained glass work. Now I'm pre-cutting all the lead and zinc pieces for this series of 128 windows. Showed my son in law , Tim how to make a table saw sled and use stop blocks for repetitive cuts. Works great for gang cutting multiple parts at a time.

What makes me (and many others) mad is the fact that breweries and bars that are also restaurants are allowed to be open (albeit at only 50% capacity). And virtually none of these places have live music with the exception of acoustic duos or trios. There's just one decent venue in town that's running live electric music...a bowling alley that happens to also serve food. (They never had live music prior to this.) And nine bazillion bands lining up to play for little or no money just to play in front of an audience. According to news reports I've read, NM has the most stringent COVID-related restrictions of any state. Saying any more about the situation would get into the political realm, so I'll just leave it at that. :rolleyes:

So I'm here at the farm in VA. 117 miles from the shop. I brought Jimmy along. I decided to let her out on my shoulder and she took off, if she could talk I'd suspect all I'd hear is FREEDOM ! 30 minutes later I catch the last glimpse of her and then nothing. We're all standing around thinking if she had decided to head back to the shop. I called Jarrod to let him know to keep an eye out for her. About 15 minutes later I see her on top the barn. I get her seed dish and call her down. I put her back in the van and she is dead tired. 45 minutes of full out flying amazes me. I think she had a blast.

Attachments

• 15932689741916648918400309269900.jpg
    15932689741916648918400309269900.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 12