Friday 26Mar21

the 4 wheeler is in the shop (my grand daughter and her friends rolled it so I put it in the make sure every then is OK) so no 4 wheeling this week end. I'll go to the range to sight in the Holosun on the SAR 9. Also to check out the PMR-30. Other than that I'll be doing more de-cluttering (getting rid of 40+ years of stuff and maybe making a pot of turkey veggy soup.

Cleaning up Mother Nature's mess. High winds all night. Lost a couple trees - a dead Ash, about 12" diameter, and a small (8") Sycamore. Also, the whole Koi pond is covered in leaves and a couple small branches. Messy, but no real harm done.

A friend of ours is coming over this afternoon to discuss finishing options on a wood slab table she's finishing up. She's bringing the table top by the house and we're going to do a few sample patches on the bottom of the slab so she can get an idea how much each finish will darken the wood.

Assuming the weather warms up as predicted, sometime this weekend I'll be finishing up the sidewalk border fence in our front yard. I got about half of it done last weekend before my back and knees had enough. Other than that, I don't have any firm plans yet, but I'm sure LOML will come up with something, lol.

Heading up to sign truck papers tonight, probably will take my wife to dinner. I need to run a new electrical plug or two in the RV, build a mini network rack for the wifi equipment, and figure out height of the hitch for the new truck. I technically should not need the sway bar setup with it, but will have to figure if there is any benefit to having it. I'll probably work on my daughter's vanity top this weekend. Going to weld a metal mount/support for it that is bolted to the studs and drywalled over.

Last edited:
Put my lathe back together today... had to order a new motor pulley for the Jet 1442... they wallow out over the key way and then jam up.... first I ordered showed in stock, but when I didn't get a confirmation for a week, called and as advised that the "in stock" item would be "in stock" in 2 weeks.... canceled and re-ordered directly from Jet... came 3 days ago, but I had my second covid shot on Tuesday... felt like death warmed over Wednesday, rained cats, dogs and frogs Thursday, today was first nice day so got it put back together, after losing an "O-ring" keeper on the motor shaft and had to go to hardware store for a supply.... then turned 4 little pepper mills.
Tomorrow and Sunday supposed to be another frog strangler, so we'll see.

The rains just started, lots of thunder and sounds like a bit of wind in the rain.... Maggie (our outside dog) does not like thunder, so she came running into the house to hide... really a nervous Nellie when it thunders.
We're under severe weather alert, with flood watch... good thing I guess that we are on a little higher ground... my back yard is higher than the roof of the house, so if we get enough water might get enough water might get washed off the hill. :eek:

Guess no shop time for today.