Friday 27May22

Same-o, same-o around here for the most part.

Haven't mowed our lawn yet this week due to rain - might have to correct that this evening.

I'll put in a little shop time this morning gluing up parts for a cutting board, then we'll make our normal trek to Boston for lunch of shrimp and catfish.

This afternoon, a crew from Leaf Filter is scheduled to be here to install product on all of our gutters.

Saturday will include a bit more progress on a cutting board and maybe mill what I'll need for a cutting board for a neighbor.

Sunday should be our normal process of me preparing brunch, then chillin' out until it's time for the NASCAR Coke 600!

No much going On gonna shut down the NFT hydro system Lettuce is done for the year and the weather is getting to hot to start a new crop. The Dutch buckets are still going strong I got some Zucchini's growing along with tomatoes and pepper go I'll keep that system going other than that got laundry to do. gonna be in the low 100's so we are switching to summer mode.

Have some errands to do today. Shop time is planned over the weekend. Had my tamale ration yesterday. No shortage of tamales in Texas, for sure. Outside of that I have no plans, because to me too many plans is dangerous.
You keep bragging about your tamales.... I miss tamales.... makes me want to move back to Texas. :(

Gotta run to town and see what's wrong with my phone... I got a blue screen, then it shut off and won't come back on... may need a new battery or else the mother board is bad... I don't want another phone, too much expense.

Maybe some shop time this weekend

Heading up on the roof in a few minutes to make a few adjustments to the pulley and motor on the swamp cooler. It's making a bit of belt noise and I think the alignment just needs to be tweaked a bit. This afternoon I'm headed over to my buddy Steve's house to go over the keyboard parts of a song we're going to be recording soon. It's been about 40 years since he's had to play the song. I wrote the music parts of the song, so I still remember how it goes, lol. Steve and I (along with my current bass player Jeff) played and toured together in the late '70s and early '80s. We have been wanting to re-record this particular song for a few years, and a mutual friend of ours who owns one of the best recording studios in the state has some empty slots in his schedule coming up soon. (He primarily records soundtrack music for film and TV.) Later this evening LOML and I are going to watch the Albuquerque Isotopes beat the tar out of the Round Rock Express. Or not, lol.

Saturday I'm planning to do some yardwork. I have a truckload of tree trimmings from earlier this week that needs to go to the dump (I already took a load there yesterday) and there's still more trimming to do. I also want to get my tomato plants out of the starter pots and stuck in the ground.

Sunday is still open for LOML's suggestions. I know I'll be spending Sunday evening watching the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix after recording it Sunday morning.

Finally a day with sun and no rain or wind. Burn trash tht has accumulated over the winter trre limbs, trimming of bitter sweet bush which is amess. and sweet gum balls. Those are a pain. Now get a little yard work done trimming and planting flowers. Have fun in the sun. Need my Vitamin D.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. Happy Memorial Day. And salute thiose who have given all.
Dvid

we finally had a day off from babysitting as the boy was feeling better and the sitter went there.....so, we went to market, then did some walking, then went to look at the ocean on the boardwalk...lots of new construction, Im sure those new condos on the ocean will go for or start at 1.5 million and up...ridiculous,
then I came home and finally did what I needed to do in shop. I got a 3m fine sanding pad hooked it to my sanding sponge handle and sprayed the surfaces with wd 40 and got off as much rust and gook as possible. then I waxed each surface......I was having trouble moving the tailstock on the lathe, for example...after cleaning it and waxing it...I can move it with my pinky, not sure if thats good or bad...but all surfaces needed it.
this week Ill start working on cleaning up lumber rack, and all tool storage....tomottow Im going to sons house for bbq, and sunday its my daughters anniversary so we are taking the baby overnight for them.

Congratulations Leo on 40yrs.
Did some house cleaning today then went out in the shop and hung a cabinet on the wall.
Grocery shopping tomorrow morning then more shop time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tomorrow we celebrate our 45-th.

We go out to Eastwinds Seafood in Wareham for a New England Scallop plate. Local Scallops, never frozen - scrumptious.

Then we bebop around the Cape Cod Canal.
Well, it's a rainy stormy day today. My granddaughter has a competition event in Whitman Mass that we will attend.

Tomorrow - Sunday - will be a sunny pretty day so we will do our anniversary day tomorrow. The cape is beautiful as is all along the canal. I will bring my camera.

Spring is killing me. This working on remodeling the inside of the house and keeping the "yard" in check, is not leaving much time for anything else. I found myself wishing it was winter so it would only leave working on the inside.

We have some friends coming for a visit so there was a big push to finish our refurbishment of the main bathroom. We finally got that done and now this weekend I need to hit the yard hard. Weed wacking is my immediate future.

But first thing this morning is a hard bike ride. Keeping in shape takes a real commitment of time and energy. At least the the scenery is great as I bike up the forest service road that climbs steadily and steeply alongside a creek toward the backside of the ski area. Not that I am aware of it as I climb as the pain is too great. It is only as I speed down the climb toward home that I notice.

As for woodworking...no time. That will have to wait until winter.