Friday 2Apr32

well I started the weekend early with a day at the range with a lovely young lady (my wife's sister) and a dinner at my favorite Italian rest. Also got the side by side back so well be off exploring the outback of Arizona today and will go out to Texas Road house for Dinner tonight. She'll be taking off tomorrow morning so I'll spend the rest of the week end back on my de cluttering. Sunday I'll fix a traditional Easter Ham dinner for my Grand daughter and her mom.

It looks like we've had the last night of overnight freezing for at least a couple of weeks, so plan to flush/sanitized the fresh water system on the RV and check everything out. The grandkids are coming to spend the night tonight, so we may stay overnight in it to try it out. I also need to hook up the RV to the truck and check the drop hitch height, since I wasn't planning to use the sway bar setup on the new truck. May drive it down to the Cat Scale and do a quick weight to see how things are sitting. I'm planning to do some test finishes for the flip-up table, and still need to finish up the vanity for my daughter's bath remodel. Sunday we're having Easter breakfast with the kids, then I need to get some yardwork done.

Nothing much happening here, I've got a dozen pepper mills that I need to start the finish on now that it's not raining... also need to ride around the yard on the John Deere and shorten the grass. May leave that until tomorrow maybe....Sunday I'm scheduled to put in a day at the Museum Market as cashier.

I've been working on a William and Mary table and though I would get it finished this weekend (at least with the assembly). But Marie told me we are having the daughter's family over Sunday, so as the cook and cleaner of the house I guess not much shop time. This will be the first family gathering at our house (and it will still be limited) since last March, making it very important to Marie...she has really missed the gatherings. Here's the table with the top laying on it. That front piece of the apron is actually the drawer, just stuck in there to check the fit.

Attachments

• top.JPG
    top.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 10
Truck shopping. My rusty old '95 Dodge Ram threw a rod on it's second engine, gave a sigh and said that's it for me. My mechanic gave me $200 for it. This has got to be the worst time to shop for trucks. High demand and short supply, but I can't wait. The SUV won't tow much, so trailer is out. Phooey!

According to the note LOML left on the kitchen counter this morning, it looks like I'll be replacing the pads in the evaporative cooler this weekend, lol. Other than that, I'm planning to do some chores around the yard, and try to get in a bit of guitar practice time. Looks like we may be out playing in public again as soon as mid-May.

@Darren Wright , out of curiosity, why no sway bar setup with the new truck?

Was gonna put the mower deck on the JD, and take the plow blade off, but woke up this morning to a couple inches of snow on the yard. It's now 45° and nearly all the snow is gone. Got the deck PM'ed and ready to install. Maybe tomorrow...

Darren Wright , out of curiosity, why no sway bar setup with the new truck?
I could probably still use it to help with the ride and sway, but not needed for weight distribution as it was with the F150. The F150 only had a 500 lb max tongue capacity without the weight distribution, 1100 with it, and the RV dry is about 610 lbs of tongue weight.

The F250 has a 1820 lb max tongue weight capacity with or without weight distribution. The F250 also has sway control built in, it will adjust speeds and apply trailer brakes as need when it senses sway. I'd also have to purchase a longer drop for the hitch to connect up the RV as the receiver on the F250 is about 4" higher than the F150, and the one I bought is already as low as it will go.

I did a couple small processes on the shop cabinet I'm re-purposing to install under my drill press before Bobbie and I drove to Boston for our usual Friday shrimp and catfish lunch. I had put some onions on my Traeger to smoke while we were gone, then assembled a cheesy dip for a neighborhood gathering tonight. The dip is in my smoke now getting another layer of flavor on it.

Hopefully, Saturday will be a day of calmer wind so I can spray sealer on the concrete under our carport - want to see if that helps keep it looking cleaner.

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out until race time.

I spent the week cleaning and reorganizing shop. Built a drill station and rack for Harbor freight storage bins. vacuumed up dust till I couldn't stand it any more. Would take pictures but new chrome book puts photos in different location and have not figured out the lay out. Chrome book doesn't take pictures as tablet does so had to get new camera and download what I've shot. Will figure it out eventually get the hang of it. Also working on more cheese boards. They're fun and let you let your mind run crazy.,,
Family coming over Sunday for dinner. First time all together in long time. Most of us have shots so feel fairly comfortable.
Everyone have a safe and healthy Easter celebration.
David

Missed again...did have go at the new planer..adjusted the tables, up, and the results are looking good. (y)
Wife said it was time for a new ride..pick up the new one on Monday.
Blessed, I am, new compact router, new planer, and a new suv, can't ask for much more than that.
Well, maybe a 8" jointer. ;)