Friday 2Dec22

Kinda same-o same-o around here.

Went to our clinic this morning for my routine B12 and T-shot injections, then stopped at Lowe's for some lawn fertilizer. We'll head to Boston for shrimp and catfish in a bit, then back home for nap time.

Got a request via PM on here for an Edison Diamond Disc player grill, so will work that up for the requester over the next few days/weeks.

Saturday will be a gathering at the NDNs for the SEC championship game. Tequila shots anyone???

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chillin' in front of the TV. Later in the day, we'll have some turkey chili I made!

celbrating our 44th aniversary today, nothing exciting, we are babysitting and then will bring in dinner. too washed out after a few days babystting,
got a b ig celebration tomorrow, all the nieces and nephews on my wifes side all gathering with all the babies for a family feast at my nieces house.
sunday footb all, and ofcourse, will keep cutting bandsaw reindeer.
only have enough sp;anish cedar for around 6 more then some small ones

Working on finishing up the boss's clay studio this weekend. Need to install a new breaker and run conduit and wire to 3 new outlets. In addition I need to install the kiln exhaust fan and run 3" round metal duct pipe to the kiln.

Yesterday I made a small box that the kiln exhaust fan will mount on so that it can clear some conduit that uses that same core drill opening in the wall. Now, this should only have taken about 10 minutes after cutting out the wood pieces, but the boss was gone yesterday to visit a friend and I was left unsupervised. Big mistake!

So it was either glue and nail everything together or waste a lot of time and dovetail all the joints. Having not picked up my dovetail saw since...well I don't really remember, I thought it turned out really well. Had only one line where my chisel went over the line but all in all not bad. One shot of my lines still on and another after cleaning up everything with a handplane.

Of course, someone now thinks I can not be trusted to be left home alone.

1669999792384.png

1669999930679.png

1669999703237.png

I thought about putting this in the education thread, but didn’t want to throw that worthy discussion off the rails.

It is a very, very big day in our family. Later this afternoon, our older son will present and defend his dissertation for PhD in Ocean and Resources Engineering. It is the culmination of many years of study, research and hard work. We are so proud!!

We will be watching on Zoom, along with friends and family members from around the world.

Thanks Jon. The public part of the presentation just wrapped up and went very well. The private discussion with the review committee is now in progress.
Thanks again guys.

The in-camera session and committee deliberations have concluded and I got a one line text: “Dr Rideout”
We are so proud of him!

He’s off for some typically low key celebrations and relaxation with friends for a couple of days before the long flight back home.

We’ve had more family visiting, my wife’s cousin and his family. They’re coming down tomorrow again. Tonight I worked on adding new circuits and getting ready to cut the feed over to the new panel tomorrow or Sunday, as my wire arrived today. I also have a new blower motor to install on the outdoor wood boiler.

Not a lot happening around here. Been crappy weather so not much of anything happening outside. Still have some lingerings of the pneumonitis, so keeping the head low.
I hope you're all mended up soon, Dave. 🤒

celbrating our 44th aniversary today...
Congrats to you both. :congrats:

...The in-camera session and committee deliberations have concluded and I got a one line text: “Dr Rideout”
We are so proud of him!
Well done, Dr. Rideout...and congrats to his parents! :thumb:

Today will be a busy but relaxing day,
Start out with USA Soccer white working on the Buffalo painting. Then late afternoon
Skylar turns 7. So big family dinner out. The card Shelly bought her is a Dog's theme 7.. since she has a 1 year old brother I'll have fun with this.
I resurrected an old candle stand. I found inthe dirt of the barn. I'm aging this early 1800s. Thebase was broken color is mahogany and was totally covered with a deD black patina which I wish I could have saved.
I made a stain from my inks,
Black, burnt umber, sepia, olive green, earth red and rooney blue fairly even mix and then about 1/4 extender. Brushed on an then rubbed out with a clean rag with extender on it. Finished with satin MLCamble ( reference for old world dark brown aged mahogany.

Attachments

• 16700800837884161633928967569029.jpg
    16700800837884161633928967569029.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 16700801138041707976833931353461.jpg
    16700801138041707976833931353461.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: