Friday 31Mar23

No shop time today - set off some flea foggers in there last evening so need to let them do their work.

Bobbie and I will make our normal trek to Boston for early lunch today, then back home for a nap. Later this evening, my massage therapist will drop by to work on me.

Saturday should be a bit of shop time - nothing major happening - just some cleanup and then checking calibration on my laser engraver.

Sunday will start, as usual, with me preparing brunch. After that, I plan a nothing day until race time.

Just busy in the shop. Saturday Little time in the morning receiving some pieces in the shop then off to Va for a Sporting Clays shoot. Not much happening with the house flood. The city is making things difficult with wanting plot plans before issuing permits. They could have told us that 2 months ago when we filed for permits. One more reason to disown Md.

Worky work today. I have a bit of plumbing and bathroom vents to run for the guest house. I may start trenching the main water line from the house and get it roughed in this weekend. I will start milling some material for the urn I need to make and try to fit in some shop clean-up/organization.

Not much happening here. I have probably a hundred (or more) small branches - and several bigger ones - down in the yard after last week's wind storms, but with all the rain we've had the yard is like a swamp - and it's raining yet again... Might attempt a bit of clean-up in the shop, but otherwise it's a lazy day/weekend.

Gonna spend tomorrow morning at my daughters house
Our family has grown with all the marriages so holidays are tough
Everyone gets pulled in different dorections
Tomorrow my daughter will host the cousins and have an Easter egg hunt for them
Breakfast will be served as the get together is 9 am due to all the different nap times of the kiddies
I will finish cleaning the shop today and have started putting stuff on sale

My son is finally ready for me to make his back bar I have no clue at this point what he wants so either I'll go there Sunday or one day next week so I can get started

Until then I'm spending time with this beauty

Uh beauty and the beast?

Attachments

• 4B857FCF-C510-45A2-AE48-D6CEA51D2EC9.jpeg
    4B857FCF-C510-45A2-AE48-D6CEA51D2EC9.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 11
Spring has sprung in NM and that means the winds have been pretty bad, so my allergies have been kicking me down. Sleep has been a rare commodity due to the coughing and wheezing.

Since I'm apparently date-challenged, I'll be spending time in the shop today getting my coat hanger project finished up. (I thought the due date was tomorrow.) As usual, the finish is taking me the most time...and it's intentionally not a great finish. :rolleyes: When I'm not working on that, I've got a bit more wrenching to do on one of my guitars, and also need to check things out on my amp modeler to see if any of my presets have changed for the worse after installing the latest firmware. And now that the temps have warmed up somewhat, I think I'm ready to install the new door locks on my Ranger pickup.

Oh, and I'll be watching the Australian Grand Prix this weekend. They always run the main race on Sunday, but since it's already tomorrow in Australia I'll be watching Sunday's race on Saturday.

Last edited:
Shop time, a little NASCAR and a little Indy car racing.

The hall bench/coat rack was almost done, I thought. Most of the assemblies have three coats of varnish and are done. I just had the drawer fronts to finish... then I noticed some shake on the front of one of the boards that had escaped my notice up till now. I thought it could be worked around and repaired, but then I noticed that the split went all the way through as I could see the split in the end grain. Don't know how I missed that. So, I glued up some new blanks for the drawers and started over. Fun times.

Shop time, a little NASCAR and a little Indy car racing.

The hall bench/coat rack was almost done, I thought. Most of the assemblies have three coats of varnish and are done. I just had the drawer fronts to finish... then I noticed some shake on the front of one of the boards that had escaped my notice up till now. I thought it could be worked around and repaired, but then I noticed that the split went all the way through as I could see the split in the end grain. Don't know how I missed that. So, I glued up some new blanks for the drawers and started over. Fun times.
I hear ya..mortising was going great, until I realized that I started on wrong end of the legs....GRRRR.
fixable

Gonna spend tomorrow morning at my daughters house
Our family has grown with all the marriages so holidays are tough
Everyone gets pulled in different dorections
Tomorrow my daughter will host the cousins and have an Easter egg hunt for them
Breakfast will be served as the get together is 9 am due to all the different nap times of the kiddies
I will finish cleaning the shop today and have started putting stuff on sale

My son is finally ready for me to make his back bar I have no clue at this point what he wants so either I'll go there Sunday or one day next week so I can get started

Until then I'm spending time with this beauty

Uh beauty and the beast?
I guess that the cloth on your shoulder is to prevent you drooling on your jumper, right? ;):congrats:

Got warm yesterday so a little shop work. Working on a few cheese boards. Spent some time picking up limbs from yard. The wind was really howling down the pike. 50 to 60 mph gusts. Got trash blown into yard I couldn'rt even identify. Huge white plastic bags? Also got recycling taken care of. Nice day to be out except for wind.
Everyone have a safe and healthy week and more.
David

Not much happening here. I have probably a hundred (or more) small branches - and several bigger ones - down in the yard after last week's wind storms, but with all the rain we've had the yard is like a swamp - and it's raining yet again... Might attempt a bit of clean-up in the shop, but otherwise it's a lazy day/weekend.
Another day of heavy rain followed by 50 knot winds. Power is out (again!!!), and many more branches down.
Neighbor lost a hundred+ year old oak that fell into the road, blocking it entirely. Rest of the neighbors have cut it up and moved it aside until the township can clear it off completely. Nearly all the neighbors have tree or fence damages, but thankfully all are minor.

Spent a great day with Jarrod out of the shop. Jarrod did good 5th over all 185 shooters. I managed 54 out of 80. Jarrod talked me out of using my old 870 16 gauge poly choke to use his Simi. It was nice , less kick, and no bruse on the shoulder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401_202045_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230401_202045_Photos.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230401_152038.jpg
    20230401_152038.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1680396201526.jpg
    FB_IMG_1680396201526.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 15