Friday 3Apr20

Shop time, of course. Taking a ride (3 hours or so each way) on Sunday to pick up a load of jotoba. Don’t like taking the chance, but the dealer is a one man shop and I’ll keep my distance. Other than a gas stop I don’t expect to be near anyone. Gloves and mask. Still no reported cases in my county or the county to my west (just a couple of mile down the road) but there are a couple dozen cases in the county where the lumber dealer is.

Working at the real job, refuse to close. Posted a layoff for next week, changed their and want to run two lines. That means I will still be working. The county the plant is located in has exploded with cases. Corporate greed at it's finest.

I've got training all day today for a new system at work. My wife said the movie 1917 is out on demand, so we may watch that. Tomorrow I've got some drywall mudding to do in the entry to get ready for paint. I'll be grinding welds and getting the table prepped for paint. I also need to clear out the spot the old cnc sits and get it ready for the new table. I'll be moving all my electrical and plumbing supplies to a new location in the shop, so will probably organize some of it while I'm at it. If I have any down time. I'll probably connect the motors and start doing some setup/tuning of those in Mach3.

Still hanging out at home, for the most part. I've been doing a bit of outdoor work since we've had good weather for it.

I'm feeling a bit clogged - head and chest - hopefully just the overwhelming pollen around here!

Not planning anything too strenuous this weekend - mainly resting up for a while.

Sunday, of course, will be my usual routine of preparing brunch, then just chill out!

almost thought about home depot today, needed to pick up just some pvc pipe for pvc birds, figured keep me busy for a few weeks. elen didnt want me to go, we drove by, not going on a line, so I came home and broke down and are paying 79 dollars for a curb delivery. I added a bunch of stuff to offset the high cost, but elen doesnt want me leaving the house anymore this month. Things here are not good on long island. Infection rate is climbing everyday.
I had a thought today and shared it with my sil, who works at the local highschool. why dont highschool kids deliver groceries to adults who dont want to leave their homes? first, it would be a great service to the community, second, I dont think for free, actually, hazard pay, give them a list, they get 25 bucks to shop and bring it to you and leave at your door. Third, so many of them lost their regular part time jobs at local shops who are closed, this is a good thing, and supermarkets should encourage it, mean less people in face to face contact. dont know why some locals havent contacted the local schools already. just a thought. Alot of seniors here, well past my age are not leaving their homes, and depend on family to travel to bring them what they want. 25 bucks doesnt seem like alot in times like this, when someone will come to your door and get exactly what you want and bring it back to you. no waiting time, no 10 dollar fee from store, no tip, and it would serve keeping the some young ones from going crazy with boredom. Maybe IM a wishful thinker that it could actually work.

anyway, my order comes tomorrow, so everyone that asked me for a lawn bird, will be getting it by late spring for sure. (Im not charging anyone, its my gift , maybe bring a smile, and Ill paint it one of 15 colors I now have in stock and mount them all on a 7x7 cement paver)pink flamingos are very much in demand, rustoleum 2x paint pink berry works well.

Allergies have been kicking my tail this week, so I'm mostly planning to take it easy this weekend. Over the course of the past week, I've been able to make slow but steady progress on the toolbox project for my neighbor. I still need to cut and install the drawer fronts and the hinged top, but I should be able to get those done and get started painting it this weekend.

The nice weather we have been having here in my region has allowed me to get outside and even do some minor maintenance in our pole barn (disclaimer: our "pole barn" is what folks around here call a "machine shed", a pole barn with a gravel floor....little more than covered parking), I'll be mowing fairly soon; all this helps to some extent to keep our minds moving to other thoughts.