Friday 5/13 Good Morning !

Mowing done yesterday. Now waiting for storm to come through. Had grandson's concert planned tonight but weather may forestall that idea. Went to younger grandkids concert laslt night. Oh so nice to just go and enjoy without the parentl hassle. Grandson's graduation Sunday. Another milestone on his life's journey.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Today will be our usual Friday - a little shop time for me before Bobbie and I drive to Boston for lunch of shrimp and catfish, then mostly a lazy afternoon before my massage therapist arrives to work on my old bones, etc.

Saturday will be some shop time for me, mainly sorting through all the offcuts I've compiled and throwing stuff out - always tough decisions.

Sunday will also be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then just chillin' out until time for NASCAR. I'll also keep an eye on the golf tournament in Texas.

In amongst all of the above, I'll do a little work on our hydroponic garden - late getting it started this year due to laziness on my part! I have tomatoes, peppers and basil started and need to find more stuff.

Touching up some paint damage on the outbuildings and color matching some fixtures that were added. It's one of those honey-do's that keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

Most of this afternoon will be spent prepping for our regular "2nd Friday of the month" show at the Dragonhorn tonight. (Note to Brent: I'm using the Ui24r mixer for the gig tonight. if it fails miserably, I'm gonna blame you, lol.)

Saturday is still open for discussion. I might do a bit of prep in the garden. If I'm going to grow tomatoes this year I need to buy some plants and get them in the ground pretty soon.

Sunday will be the usual yard and house chores...and we'll see what LOML has planned for me.

Along with the blood clot in my leg now I tested positive for Covid this morning.
I guess this will be a low activity weekend :doh:

wow, when it rains it pours?

get some good meds, relax, feel better soon.

my dil just got over covid, strangely my son didnt get it.

as far as weekend plans........same as usual, nothing. No plans, maybe go to my sons house tomorrow to check out the new siding and flooring.

I have zero projects to do, so Im thinking about taking the last 10 foot section of pvc piping I have, and cut it up and make some lawn ornaments, tis the season, Im sure they will go fast.
then I think Im going to start making a segmented bowl on the lathe, if I remember how to turn. its been a while. Ive been using my lathe as a coffee stand when Im working with the bandsaw.

Power washing the deck, some gardening, finish cleaning the gutters and a little shop clean up. Family is visiting and helping whittle down the to do list. Nice to have extra hands available.

Most of this afternoon will be spent prepping for our regular "2nd Friday of the month" show at the Dragonhorn tonight. (Note to Brent: I'm using the Ui24r mixer for the gig tonight. if it fails miserably, I'm gonna blame you, lol.)

I know where you can get rid of it if it does, lol!

I'm putting some sides on my car trailer. I'm providing the sound equipment for a 2 day music fest out in the middle of the desert next week, so will be spending my weekend getting the camper ready to go and prepping other things for that.

I know where you can get rid of it if it does, lol!
LOL, I'm pretty sure it's gonna work out. We finally had a rehearsal last night so I was able to get things somewhat dialed in. I'll have the Behringer on standby just in case the Soundcraft lets us down.

Have a great time at Pig Rock! I'd suggest taking a couple of contractor-sized trash bags to cover your mains with in the event of rain or dust storms.

LOL, I'm pretty sure it's gonna work out. We finally had a rehearsal last night so I was able to get things somewhat dialed in. I'll have the Behringer on standby just in case the Soundcraft lets us down.

Have a great time at Pig Rock! I'd suggest taking a couple of contractor-sized trash bags to cover your mains with in the event of rain or dust storms.

Ahh, Trashbags, that sounds like a great idea. I got some tarps and sandbags for covering stuff up, but the trash bag idea sounds fast and easy.

I just had to share this pre-gig photo of my music gear set out of the house Friday afternoon and staged to start loading in my 4Runner. In addition to the 7 guitars, pedal board, guitar stand that holds 6 of the 7 guitars, a laptop computer, and 2 mixers (one of which was being used for the first time and the other was there as a backup), there's a 4' long cart in the background that has 300 or so pounds of PA speakers, electronics rack, audio and power cables, and miscellaneous bits and pieces. Not shown are the speaker and light stands that are stored in the garage. Fitting it all in the 4Runner is like playing a giant game of Tetris. Everything gets loaded and unloaded twice for every gig. I left the house about 6:00 PM and got home about 2:30 AM. Now it's about 3:30 AM I'm finally sitting down and having something for dinner.

Staged Gear.JPG

Play in a band, they said. It'll be fun, they said. :rofl: