Friday 5th

Birthday month for my family and many relatives.
So saturday 65th for my sister a gathering, Sunday my grandson 1st. So another gathering.
This morning a bit cooler after last night rain storms.
I'm becoming very good at reading the weather maps and movements. So far my late afternoon- rides home have been dry. Rain storms stop l go if I see a 20 minute window.

Stayibg hidden this weekend. Marion Days is on us. 60000 or more Vietnamese descend on our lirrle town of 15000 population to celebrate there freedom from the Vietcong. It is a religious celebration so all is good, just CROWDED. Totally shut down 1/4 of streets atound the campus on which they gather. Lots of fun. We used to go but this year not happening with all the pandemic noise going around. Sort of like Vaughn's baloon fiestival only smaller scale.
Everyone have a safe and cool weekend.
David

Gonna run a couple of errands today. Taking it easy today. Back is really bothering me so, hey! They say listen to your body and mine is really talking. Hopefully some shop time over the weekend. Who knows? Started working on a red oak pedestal bowl Wednesday. Might get it finished over the weekend. Maybe. Still on the hunt for good tamales! Had some yesterday and they were alright, but not great!

Stayibg hidden this weekend. Marion Days is on us. 60000 or more Vietnamese descend on our lirrle town of 15000 population to celebrate there freedom from the Vietcong. It is a religious celebration so all is good, just CROWDED. Totally shut down 1/4 of streets atound the campus on which they gather. Lots of fun. We used to go but this year not happening with all the pandemic noise going around. Sort of like Vaughn's baloon fiestival only smaller scale.
Everyone have a safe and cool weekend.
David
Oppertunty for some good eats probably

Yay! Another Friday means a trek to Boston for lunch. Bobbie will have the shrimp plate, for sure - not settled on what I'll have as yet. I do know I'll be ready for a nap when we get home!!!

Saturday should be shop time for some clean up and sorting more scrap for cutting boards and a charcuterie board.

Sunday will be to our normal routine since my daughters are back to their homes in Oklahoma. I'll prepare brunch, then chill out until time for the NCS race. Lupper will most likely be leftover Greek chicken and/or pulled pork, both of which I made this week.

gonna be another warm week end so what else is new. Like Dave August is a Birthday month. My Sister in Law is tomorrow, My oldest Son s wed, My Grand daughter is Thursday and then Friday is mine. If my Mother were alive she would be celebrating hers on the 21st. Just shows ya that November was a cold month most years.

No big plans for the weekend. I'll be doing an assortment of yard, garden, and house stuff. First on my list is to finish assembling a new workbench, but it's not going into the shop. One of our spare bedrooms is my 'Guitars and Guns' room, and for several years I've been doing all of my guitar wrenching on a 24" x 48" folding table Over time, the workspace on the table has become cluttered with tools, parts, and other miscellaneous junk. So yesterday I went to Harbor Freight and picked up one of these:
Guitar Bench.jpg
It's also 24" x 48", so it'll take up the same footprint as the folding (and wobbly) table. I got most of it assembled last night...just need to get the pegboard, top, and shelf attached, and then get it loaded up with the tools and such that will live there. I'd been thinking about building one, but I doubt I could build one for the $99 I paid for this one. It's made of decent-gauge steel and MDF with plastic laminate, and it's surprisingly stout, even without the MDF and pegboard in place yet. It also has a fluorescent light fixture and a 3-receptical power strip built in, both of which will be useful features. I'll likely cover the work surface with indoor/outdoor carpet, and add a rail of some sort to the top shelf (above the pegboard) to keep things from falling of and onto the work surface.

Boys were here for the week. Put their steers out this afternoon before taking them home. They were to heavy for the bucket calf class so they (the calves) stayed home but will go next year as dairy beef steers (no weight limit). We got a lot of jobs completed this week, may mow tomorrow, feed coming tomorrow and that leaves Lou and I moving a ton. School starts Monday. Need I say more?

Vaughn, son in law has that same bench in his gun room. Works as it should and has been trouble free.

Working on a firewood rack this weekend. It is time to prepare for winter. Fire season is finally starting to impact us here. Not directly with any close fire (yet!), but we got our first blanket of wildfire smoke yesterday evening. With wind coming directly from the north, a wildfire across the border blew smoke down the valley. We had to shut the house up for the night and fire off the air purifiers. Luckily we now have AC and we had a cool day.

The fire is the Keremeous Creek fire which is bearing down on the small town of Olalla, BC. Our thoughts are with our neighbors to the north.