Friday 6May22

Have to haul the 5 Jersey dairy steers to the kid's fairgrounds tomorrow morning to get their 4H tags in their ears so they are registered for fair. Rain today and the last two days. Will be a fun muddy mess getting the trailer to the gate and getting them loaded in the dark tomorrow morning. CJ and Ashleigh coming back with us, do some barn work and enjoy them . Sunday animal swap meet, we'll go and meet up with the girls, kids, son in laws and look at what is available. With the avian flu hitting flocks in Indiana we won't be handling or buying any birds. Then Sunday afternoon mow and then take a nap! Enjoy the weekend all, be safe and stay healthy.

Edited to add: Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers on here.

Last edited:
I'll work on the little box joint "stuff" holders this morning before we drive to Boston for shrimp and catfish today. Forecast is for thunderstorms to roll in this afternoon, so that might hamper some activity.

I hope to finish the box joint projects on Saturday so I can finally have a dedicated place for my BBQ rubs, finishes, and other stuff. Just might have to mix up a mint julep later this evening!

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out for some NASCAR, etc.

Gotta get the gutters cleaned before the big rain hits later. Replacing the gutter nails with screws as I go. More garden planting. Startled a rabbit while I was weeding a couple of days ago and need to sight in the .25. They always seem to find a way in about the time the bean sprouts pop out of the ground.

We're under a pretty severe thunder storm watch, has been spurting rain since midnight, so probably nothing outside today. Plus I've tweeked my right shoulder and it hurts to move it much, so no shop time.
Tomorrow if we haven't washed away, need to make a run to Walmart and pick up some dog food and may some people food too. Plus we need a new AC filter.

Getting a lot of smalls finished up of porcelain and gilding projects.
Raining today and tomorrow , doesn't look like a turkey hunting weekend. I do need to check out a new farm to manage/hunt just above Baltimore , tomorrow may be a good day for that.

Everyone talking about the rain. Yes it is going east. WE had 6inches yesterday and last night. The yard is a bog. Had planned on mowing not going to happen. Flooding in river just belw house, roads closed. Thankfully we live high nough to flood us here. Plan to just hibernate and stay dry. Supposed to be hot and dry next week. Goodie.
veryone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

We didn't get quite as much rain as David, but north of us did and the creeks have been high. Rain is supposed to be done this afternoon. I have hydraulic fittings coming for the tractor today or tomorrow. Hoping to get things buttoned up on it for using the hydraulic top link, then work on the green house siding. Probably will start loading up scrap metal on the flat bed this weekend to visit the scrapper next week. The wall mount for the starlink dish finally showed up, so need to figure out if it is going to work where I intended for it to go.

Send some of that rain this direction. As of two days ago we'd lost nearly a quarter of a million acres to wildfires already this year...over twice our total for last year. None of the fires are affecting where LOML and I live, but I've got friends who have been impacted. One friend's dad still doesn't know if his summer home is standing. Another friend has a cabin within a few miles of the Hermit's Peak fire.

Pretty uneventful weekend here for me. I've got some music stuff to work on this afternoon, and then tonight I'm going to run sound for my buddy Mike's acoustic duo at a local brewery. They don't really need a sound man for a 2-man band, but I'm doing it to get some practice with one of my seldom-used mixers. (It's Brent's fault, lol.)

Saturday will likely be a variety of honey-dos and yardwork. Sunday I'll be taking a couple people out to the range to do the shooting qualification portion of the CCW class they started last weekend. I'll also be recording the Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix so I can watch it Sunday evening. Miami is a new course on the F1 circuit so it should be interesting to watch.

Got a call from the surgeon today, I have been having some complications with my knee replacement. It has been 4 weeks and i have an infection they reopened the incision last week to remove some infected tissue and the sutures in that area. Today he told me they are changing my antibiotics,i can only surmise because of the change that it is a staph infection. Waiting on my new antibiotics now. This is going to delay my rehab by a month now which is annoying me to no end .

Have to haul the 5 Jersey dairy steers to the kid's fairgrounds tomorrow morning to get their 4H tags in their ears so they are registered for fair. Rain today and the last two days. Will be a fun muddy mess getting the trailer to the gate and getting them loaded in the dark tomorrow morning. CJ and Ashleigh coming back with us, do some barn work and enjoy them . Sunday animal swap meet, we'll go and meet up with the girls, kids, son in laws and look at what is available. With the avian flu hitting flocks in Indiana we won't be handling or buying any birds. Then Sunday afternoon mow and then take a nap! Enjoy the weekend all, be safe and stay healthy.

Edited to add: Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers on here.

noone can top this ...........anyone else lugging cows anywhere this weekend. uh...the closest Ill come is probably lugging some steaks from market sunday to daughters house for a bbq.
I did nothing today.....well, I played with grandson.....and I did cut another bird out of some left over pvc piping.
Im doing nothing tomorrow, no plans, other than finish spray painting that pvc bird. and no plans for sunday except going to daughters house.

Got a call from the surgeon today, I have been having some complications with my knee replacement. It has been 4 weeks and i have an infection they reopened the incision last week to remove some infected tissue and the sutures in that area. Today he told me they are changing my antibiotics,i can only surmise because of the change that it is a staph infection. Waiting on my new antibiotics now. This is going to delay my rehab by a month now which is annoying me to no end .
that sucks. hope they clear it up soon and you get into working those muscles soon.

When you have nothing to do

I really need to get back into woodworking

I tossed a used piece of pvc pipe but decided to take it out of trash pail and cut a small pvc bird
This is the result
I call it bluebird plays the blues(yes I know I need to get a life)
He will guard the flower pot

Attachments

• 840F03A8-D7DF-4E96-A12F-FFEE8F1E821E.jpeg
    840F03A8-D7DF-4E96-A12F-FFEE8F1E821E.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 690C8282-319A-45A9-A92A-D28A513E0640.jpeg
    690C8282-319A-45A9-A92A-D28A513E0640.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 16