Friday 7Aug20

Dave Hoskins

One more down. Another Friday. Today I gotta go with Belinda to Fort Worth for a bit. She has to go to one of the malls and with some of the things going on, I figger I best go in case she needs a body guard. Then by the time we get back, it will probably be starting to get too hot to do anything so I'll just relax the back and knees and forget about everything.

Getting a number of jobs out the door today.
Jarrod and I will do some food plot and trees stand work Saturday morning. Afternoon pool party with a friend from early Elementary school who moving to SC. I'm trying g to talk the wife to move down there.

Yipeeee!!!! Got the grass mowed yesterday morning while still cool. Last night and this morning rain showers. Figured that chore just right. Rain means I'll have to mow again next week. Guess that's job security.
Working on cheese boards for an order. Just do as many as I can and take them up and say here they are. Had to order the cutting harp and asked about quantity and was told 25 is the break so said let's do that. First time I've ever got a price break. Paid postage anyway. All to the old
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. Stay clear of the virus.
David

Got the lawn partially done yesterday just finished the part right in front of the house and along the street before it started raining... still have the side yard where the garden used to be and the back hill... maybe today or tomorrow if the rain has stopped....
Tomorrow some shop time....working on putting wood stems on a batch of wine glasses for my booth at the Museum Marketplace.... Sunday playing cashier there.

Working from the dealership this morning. May take a day trip to the farm to take care of a few things and maybe visit Grizzly on the way home. Other than that I'm making some progress on my DC controller and working on the Motorcycle Rocker. I may tackle an electrical job at the house and prime/paint the corbel I made a while back for the kitchen.

Spent the afternoon setting up band gear for a gig tomorrow. It's our first show since March 13, right before the shutdown started in NM. We're playing for a birthday party for some friends who have a house on a few acres in the mountains and a huge shop building for us to set up in. The "stage" area will be roped off for social distancing, but we're looking forward to actually playing for people again. (They're also paying us double our standard rate, which I won't argue with.)

Saturday is pretty open at the moment until the gig that night, and then Sunday will likely be pretty much lazing around and doing a few yard and house chores.

Getting figgy wid it! A banner crop this year. Here comes fig jam, fig preserves, fig butter, dried figs etc..
For some reason, our fig tree produced no fruit this year. Every year prior to this we've had a bumper crop.

No mowing this week! No rain, no grass growing and some is turning brown - rain possible soon, though.

Haven't done much this week since my daughter and her husband left Wednesday morning. I did get repairs done to an antique lamp Bobbie inherited several years ago - bulb sockets switch mechanisms failed, so had to replace them.

Saturday needs to be some final steps on my demilune - we'll see what happens!

Sunday should be back to our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chillin' out until race time.

waiting on a nice delivery of sapele, birch plywood, sapele plywood, cherry, cant do much until I get in monday....starting a small bookcase with what I have, and will start a 6 foot simple bar when I finish bookcase. Nice to be woodworking again.

My fig has figs on it this year... looks like a pretty good crop... none ripe yet though.
Wondering if I planted in the wrong place... it's kinda shaded by the trees up on the hill behind the house... thinking I'll transplant it this fall to where the odl garden was so it gets more sun.

The stucco/painters finished the house today now I have 3 doors to paint and the roof to repair. Still waiting for the shop extension.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk