Friday 7May21

Dave Hoskins

Mowing today in the morning. Gonna cut a piece of hackberry to see how the spalting is coming along with it. Certainly been rained on enough. Shop time over the weekend as far as I know.

Mostly shop time and some obscure hallmark holiday of some kind... :huh: :rofl:

Might get to mow if it dries out enough. The 17 year old Toro died last week so I went out and got a new 21" Ryobi battery powered self propelled. Did a little of the lawn yesterday as a test. Cuts very well, quiet, easy to maneuver. So far I'm impressed. Waiting to see if I get the 70 promised run time, though that is likely more than I will need.

Mostly garden and yard work, but i need to replace rotten boards on the deck and fix some of the netting on the cage covering my blackberry patch.

Yardwork tonight, then try to finish up my welding on the solar panel frames to install. I need to cut the holes for incoming solar power, shore power, and air lines. Will probably try to get my daughters vanity done this weekend. I need to take the TT for a drive and see if the adjustments I made to the sway bar setup have improved things. May take it to the cat scale to weight, and also weigh the truck by itself to get a better baseline.

more cnc stuff, nearing the end of the m&m machine parts. then, a short sign run, before the celtic crosses... (if there is no rest for the wicked, i must be approaching pure evil... lol)

Got my lawn mowing done on Thursday, so back on schedule there, so it doesn't interfere with the weekend.

Started my Friday in our kitchen preparing an artichoke-spinach dip for a neighbor gathering at noon Saturday. We'll heat it before heading next door tomorrow. This afternoon, I'll do a bit of shop cleanup and prep for a modification to my DC.

Saturday will primarily be the afore-mentioned neighbor lunchtime gathering in honor of Mother's Day. I'll get in a bit of shop time after the gathering, if I can stand up straight!

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch in bed for my lovely bride, then chilling out until race time.

Spent the afternoon running through a bunch of songs with a friend who is replacing the other guitarist in our band. The band has only played one gig (a private party) since March 2020, so in addition to working in a new player, we all have some rust we have to work off. Just this week the local bars have been allowed to reopen, although they are not yet to the point of hiring bands. (Our Governor is still limiting capacity at bars and restaurants, and dancing is not allowed.) Still, before long we'll be back to playing one or two gigs per month. We have a couple of outdoor concert dates booked for July, and two shows for a class reunion in August, and as soon as they're allowed to do it, the Dragonhorn Tavern will have us back for our monthly gig there. Today was the first time the new guitarist and I have gotten together to play, and it looks like he's going to work out great. :thumb:

Other than guitar stuff, I don't have much planned for the weekend. I'll be doing the usual yard stuff like mowing the lawn and general cleanup, but no shop time planned. (I could always stand to go in there and do some cleaning and organizing.)

I have a couple of hours tractor work for a friend this morning before four days of rain set in, then I have to finish painting those log ends where I couldn’t reach before. Old house restoration work everywhere I look.
Going to plant a tree for Mother’s Day tomorrow, to replace a big maple we just took down.
Have a good one👋

spent some time prototyping drawer pulls...want to make, rather than buy
going to run them by my neighbor..he is a fine woodworker, as well as a designer..yay
some fertilizer on the lawn too
Happy Mother's Day to all moms