Friday 7th

well it's still in the 90's so still a bit too hot to take out the side by side so I'll play around with the 3D printers. Trying to get the Lithopane's to my liking. This is my last week end of freedom before open enrollment start on the 15th so I go to enjoy it while I can. Gonne be busy with Medicare until Thanksgiving week.

Waffling on starting a couple of dressers. I am anxious to start them but, the room they will go in won't be ready for some time. I don't want them setting around in the way until their spot is ready. Maybe I should use the hang time to work on the bed frame and side tables . . .

I'm working a design for a wall-mounted magazine rack, of all things, requested by LOML to hold cookbooks, etc., in our kitchen. We'll drive to Boston, as usual, for her to have the shrimp plate - no catfish due to supply issues, so I'll have a club sandwich. Then, nap time and who knows after that.

Saturday needs to be shop time for more cleanup, but...we'll see. No UGA game party next door this week since the neighbors are out of town visiting his parents in Florida to check on what Ian did in their area - no major damage but they had a bit of wind.

Sunday will start with me preparing brunch - this week will be French toast on Italian bread at the request of LOML. Then, I'll chill out until time for the NASCAR Cup race at the Charlotte Roval.

Putting the last coat on the blanket chest and working on drawings for the next three projects. I'll need to build a crate for shipping the chest, won't trust a cardboard box.

Leaves are turning so I'm hoping to do the last mow of the season this weekend. Cutting it short so the leaf raking will be easier.

Making some Instant Pot butternut squash soup to freeze. Mighty tastey on cold winter days. Lettuce and kale to transplant in the garden. A trailer load of brush and tree limbs need to go to the recycling yard and I'll get a couple of yards of mulch while there. Doing some sorting of the wood rack so it's easier to find stuff as I need to build a cremation box sort of like the ones Glenn made. That means I have to figure out how to use the I Box jig again.

Working on a fabric hutch for my wife's sewing room, will post later as I progress some more, Getting ready to restring a couple acoustic guitars, one is new, just don't like the strings it came with. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to my sons to celebrate his 40th birthday, but sick son and grandsons may push that off a bit. Need to mow some time soon.

It’s Thanksgiving weekend. Our son will be home, so we’re planning a nice traditional dinner on Sunday and probably take a walk in the woods to admire the fall foliage.
I’ll take some time Saturday to get more outdoor jobs done, including throwing another trailer load of firewood into the basement.

Last edited:
It’s Thanksgiving weekend. Our son will be home, so we’re planning a nice traditional dinner on Sunday and probably take a walk in the woods to admire the fall foliage.
ah yes Thanksgiving in Canada, after you guys celebrate it then the Northern Snow Birds will migrate south to celebrate it again next month here in the land of sunshine.

Big Cleanup around the house and yard for most of October. We are going to Lancaster PA, in a few weeks - last week of October.

There are a lot of clean up items before we go and a lot of house and yard chores before winter arrives.

When we get back, beginning of Nov it will be leaf cleaning season.
Week after Thanksgiving is the end of yard cleaning.

It’s a 3 day weekend, holiday on Monday for the institute. Hope to cut some walnut slabs this weekend and need to finish some dirt work around the guest house foundation. May work on getting some firewood cut and stacked. I have a picture frame project to do this weekend too using some of the wood and glass from the little house.

Heading out in a few hours to the Balloon Fiesta Park in hopes that the evening Special Shapes event (The Glowdeo) won't get rained out. This year has been one of the wettest Balloon Fiestas on record, with quite a few events canceled or otherwise impacted by the weather. After that, I'm going to check out a potential venue for a Halloween party gig for the band. We already have a Halloween Party at the Dragonhorn scheduled for Friday the 28th...this one will be the following night at the historic Lobo Theatre.

No firm plans for Saturday yet, and Sunday will be the monthly Range Day for my shooting club. (Here again, hoping we don't get rained out.)

Tomorrow is Dianne's 79th birthday.... my son coming over from GA to take her to dinner... he said I could tag along to carry her purse and get her walker in and out of the car....
Sunday probably will sleep in, but may get in time to watch football in London, then a nap before the game starts over this side of the pond.
If it's a dull game, another nap. It's nice to be old and retired.

Will what can I say this Friday My much better half and I have stayed Married for 55 years. And I am pretty sure there were many bets against it. I bought a card several days ago and at 5am on Friday my eyes popped open and the thought in my head was,, where did I put that card? No use laying there I got up and started hunting. only took me an hour to find it. Not sure why I worry.. I am pretty sure in the last 48 of those years, she has never gotten me any kind of a card. Not totally her fault, I have never been big into cards. But I know I had better get her one of special occasions and I can proudly say I have done my part. Anywhy no big todo planned. She is really not able to do much activity anymore. Just relax for her and I will start washing the out side of the house. I do it eery summer this is a pretty late start. Got to get those fly specks and cobwebs off.. One of those jobs I don't really mind, hard work but produces get satisfaction when you look at the results.

So I stuck around and did the Friday evening get together for my 50th, the dinner last night and picnic today.
I received a call my my friend on the farm in Va, he said that Big 9 point was standing under my stand Friday evening. :stick:
What the heck it's only every 10 years we had a good 150 + people there ,but we do every 5 years. It's amazes me how tight the group remained.