Friday 8Jul22

Working on building a firewood rack this weekend. I volunteered to help with the construction of a backcountry trail bridge tomorrow. It is on the Lighting Creek trail. The trail head is only 2.5 miles from my house. We have to hike in about 2 miles to where it is being built. We are only peeling logs for the bridge tomorrow. I have hiked this trail and know the spot where it is being built. Right now there are some fallen logs which you can cross but it is probably too sketchy for some. I will probably squeeze in a mountain bike ride and some golf this weekend.

work, it's that time of year. I have an appointment at of all places a eastern orthodox monastery to take care a couple of monks Medicare. Kind of an interesting place. They have 5 churches representing the 5 different eastern orthodox sects. including Greek, Russian and I don't know the other three but the churches are something o behold. The wood work in them is a thing of beauty. I'll try to get a few picture to post later. The rest of the week end will be devoted to getting my 2023 Medicare certifications out of the way.

Finishing touches on the mahogany corner cabinet. Also finishing up the Limbert coffee table and the A&C footstool this coming week. Trying to clear the bench for a quick kitchen cabinet then the big one, the chess table. Hope to start that near the end of the month.

We finally had some rain - a lot of it - so I'll probably mow this Saturday. In spite of using 2,000 sf worth of mole/vole repellant in a just over 300 sf garden it looks like we will lose at least two tomato plants to the little buggers. Very disappointing. Might not even try next year.

Funeral for a friend today, funeral for mom of Lou's friend tomorrow, CJ's birthday party Sunday, CJ and Ashleigh staying for the week to work cattle and finish recycling and woods projects. Spent yesterday with Tess, Eric and Audrey. Helped Eric work on a small engine on a pull behind lawn mower while I mounted a new tire on a wagon put a new tire on the front of the Oliver so I could unload a load of large square bales. Well, all plans out the window, Tess tested positive for COVID this morning! 5 days no travel. (like I go anywhere anyway! :ROFLMAO:). Stay healthy everyone.

This turned out to be a mostly "normal" Friday for us. Bobbie is moving through her recovery so well that she wanted to go to Boston for shrimp! She has made amazing progress on healing from her surgery.

A major change for us is hiring someone to do our mowing and associated work. We've called on Jim to help with heavy duty yard work for several years. Since retiring several years ago, Bobbie has been doing quite a bit of the yard work - planting areas, pots, mulch, etc. - I did the mowing. Going forward, Jim will be doing the routine mowing, etc., every two weeks. Yep, we're spoiling ourselves.

Saturday will be some shop time doing some cleanup and final touches on some coasters and a cutting board for a neighbor.

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out until race time.

Playing our monthly show at the Dragonhorn tonight. Same band, same songs, but a new name. After my buddy Mike Grimes left the band a couple of years ago, "The Donohoe & Grimes Project" simply became "The Project". We found out a while back that there's already another local band called The Project, so we finally decided on a new name. The criteria was that it be short, simple to put on the marquee, and easy to remember. We ended up with "OCDC". We have no idea what the letters stand for, but we've gotten some fun suggestions so far. (I liked Dan Noren's suggestion on Facebook of Old Codgers Playing Doing Chords*...someone else suggested Osage County Detention Complex.) :D
OCDC Facebook Name Change.jpg
Other than that, no big plans for the weekend. Saturday will likely be spent recovering from Friday night's activities, and Sunday will be the usual yard stuff followed by watching the Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix.

* Typo fixed...thanks Dan. I blame it on CRS. :D

Last edited:
Playing our monthly show at the Dragonhorn tonight. Same band, same songs, but a new name. After my buddy Mike Grimes left the band a couple of years ago, "The Donohoe & Grimes Project" simply became "The Project". We found out a while back that there's already another local band called The Project, so we finally decided on a new name. The criteria was that it be short, simple to put on the marquee, and easy to remember. We ended up with "OCDC". We have no idea what the letters stand for, but we've gotten some fun suggestions so far. (I liked Dan Noren's suggestion on Facebook of Old Codgers Playing Chords...someone else suggested Osage County Detention Complex.) :D
View attachment 121299
Other than that, no big plans for the weekend. Saturday will likely be spent recovering from Friday night's activities, and Sunday will be the usual yard stuff followed by watching the Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix.
that was old codgers doing chords... lol
i have your new bass player lined up...
Screenshot 2022-07-07 083409.jpg

Playing our monthly show at the Dragonhorn tonight. Same band, same songs, but a new name. After my buddy Mike Grimes left the band a couple of years ago, "The Donohoe & Grimes Project" simply became "The Project". We found out a while back that there's already another local band called The Project, so we finally decided on a new name. The criteria was that it be short, simple to put on the marquee, and easy to remember. We ended up with "OCDC". We have no idea what the letters stand for, but we've gotten some fun suggestions so far. (I liked Dan Noren's suggestion on Facebook of Old Codgers Playing Chords...someone else suggested Osage County Detention Complex.) :D
View attachment 121299
Hmmm...
Oldies, Classic, Do - whop, and Cover.

Working on small wall shelf for son router. finish it pretty quick, Stove went out on the 4th weekend. Called serviceman and said oven valve shot. 450 dollars to repair. Also had a burner on top not igniting. Said another 150. for that Needless to say we looked for new stove. Found one available for less than $1000 boy are they expensive. The serviceman said, find one without all the computer stuff on it. They will do the job with less problems. Delivers the 15th. Guess it's eat out a lot till then.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekens. Stay cool.
David

Spent the week learning new software for work, guess I’m not an old dog yet. We got a good down pour this morning, which is good, we needed it. I’m hoping to spend some time on both the little house and back of the barn tomorrow. Still working on balancing the pool chems. Have put over a gallon of muriatic acid in, just about have the alkalinity low enough, need to build back up the ph next. Other than that, need to clean up the tool trailer and get it organized again.

Canning and freezing garden produce before the bugs/critters finally win and I give up on summer crops for the year. Okra and tomatoes still going strong. Japanese beetles are everywhere and munching everything. Time to break out the organic bug sprays and dusts.