Friday 9Dec22

Yesterday I finished up installing the fan and snap lock galvanized duct for the kiln. I am using a magnetic dryer vent connection from Lee Valley that will allow the boss to easily connect/remove the flex piping that runs from the bottom of the kiln. The magnetic connection is really strong and takes some force to remove. Her kiln is on rollers, allowing her to move it closer to the wall when not in use. Just a note about snap lock metal pipe. It is a bear to assemble in smaller diameters like the 3" I used.

I can finally starting running conduit for the 3 new outlets in the room.

Today and Sunday, is pickleball. Also there is a holiday bazaar this evening all along the main street in town. We are meeting one of the wife's friends for a light supper and browsing. They will have bonfires all along the street to keep people warm, but it should not be too bad as it is warming up to about 20 this evening as we are forecasted to get another 10" of snow this evening/tomorrow. My understanding is this storm will move across the country causing much snow in the Rockies/Plains and possible tornados in the Southeast.

1670593873374.png

1670593736423.png

Got Navy beans soaking and I picked up some smoked Ham hocks from the local butcher called "The Pork Shop". he makes sausage and smoked hams and has a large smoker. Last Thanksgiving he smoked over 800 turkeys and is doing 1000 hams for Christmas. I need to clean my office Now that the Medicare open enrollment is over. I also go a project I need to do to modify my dogs feeder to keep the darn birds from stealing the dog food.

I had to run up to KC yesterday, so ran by storage and grabbed the rest of the cnc parts/cables/spindle. I also grabbed my mini metal lathe since I had the rolling cart with all if its stuff here already. First up though is running new electrical for the new microwave/stove vent, hanging a new cabinet, and the new microwave. I'll get back to working on the garage electrical after that if I still have time. My wife's birthday is Sunday, and other than letting her sleep in, not sure what all she wants to do.

Doctor's appt. tomorrow. Shouldn't be bad. Supposed to rain/snow tomorrow, split two large loads of wood this week after school. Just had two ton of feed delivered today. In fact that is our standard order since we started using the auger feed cart I bought last year. So, Lou says today it all wouldn't fit and have some feed in bags also. That is fine but did we get extra with this load or have we been getting shorted on our past loads all year? :huh:

Tom, did you get a new sliding compound DeWalt?

The the second Friday of the month, so the band is back at the Dragonhorn tonight. And last week the Dragonhorn's owner confirmed that we are booked through December 2023.

Saturday will likely be mostly kicking back. I have a bit of cleanup to do in the shop. I finally got the last remnants of the wheel and associated rust removed from my Tormek, so I need to reassemble it all in preparation for getting a new wheel. Does anyone here know if the wheel for the Grizzly wet grinder will fit the shaft of a Tormek T2000? The Grizzly part number is T32844.

Sunday is the monthly Range Day for my shooting club. Looks like its going to be another horrible fall day in New Mexico, with temps around 55º and sunny blue skies. :thumb:

Not a lot going on around here. Pretty much a normal Friday as far as lunch is concerned - drove to Boston for shrimp and catfish. Napped a while when we returned, then we ran some errands. Back to veg mode now.

Saturday will be a bit of shop time working on some small shelves and digging up some material to make a grill for an Edison record player.
We'll also watch the Army-Navy game.

Sunday will be or normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out watching some football.

Basically cleaning and organizing, catching up on paperwork, accoounting, and drawings. Waiting for some parts and supplies to come in.

I took the leap and purchased new LED lighting for the shop. I'm convinced that the fifty-two 48" 32w lamps I burn 8 hours a day constitute 50% of my power bill. The LED's (ten 8' 90w) represent a 50% reduction in wattage. That should be noticeable in the monthly bill. I'll post a thread on it when I do the switch.

Glued up 4 blocks to cut for pepper mill blanks when the glue dries... with the wet weather we're having may take a day or two to get completely dry.

Tomorrow plan on watching the Army/Navy game if it's on a channel we get on Dish.... Sunday may work on the mill blanks if they glue has dried, unless the Titans are playing and we get the game.

Does anyone here know if the wheel for the Grizzly wet grinder will fit the shaft of a Tormek T2000? The Grizzly part number is T32844.
Vaughn I think it's smaller.
I got in touch with Grizzly tech support, and they said the hole in the wheel is 1/2" in diameter. According to my dial caliper, the shaft is 0.46". I can make that work, so I ordered the wheel Friday. :thumb: The price was $52.73, including $15 shipping and almost $4.00 tax. That's a WHOLE lot more affordable than the $232.00+tax I'd pay for the Tormek SG-250 wheel on Amazon. And I'd love a diamond wheel for the Tormek, but $378 is definitely outside of my budget. (If I hit the lottery maybe I'll pick up a CBN wheel for my 1750 rpm dry grinder some day.)

Somehow in calculating my activities for the weekend and knowing that we were getting another dump of snow, I forgot that someone needed to dig us out. Going out now to do that. It is still snowing but better to hit it early and get the bulk of it now. Besides I like to dig around the vehicles before the snowplow guy makes it up our private shared road. Since my wife has been giving him a bag of homemade cookies each time he comes, he seems to make us a priority. It is hard to see cookies go out the door to someone else, but I can't dispute the benefit.

1670686829644.png

I got in touch with Grizzly tech support, and they said the hole in the wheel is 1/2" in diameter. According to my dial caliper, the shaft is 0.46". I can make that work, so I ordered the wheel Friday. :thumb: The price was $52.73, including $15 shipping and almost $4.00 tax. That's a WHOLE lot more affordable than the $232.00+tax I'd pay for the Tormek SG-250 wheel on Amazon. And I'd love a diamond wheel for the Tormek, but $378 is definitely outside of my budget. (If I hit the lottery maybe I'll pick up a CBN wheel for my 1750 rpm dry grinder some day.)
vaughn,
I was going to suggest you go to THE WOODTURNING STORE for the Hurricane CBN wheel, but their price has jumped waaaay up since I bought mine.
think I only paid about $98 for mine a couple of years back... I see now they're in the $150++ range.