Friday 9Dec22

I just finished up my shoveling for now. You have a lot of time for thinking while shoveling. I got to wondering how much I shovel each time. After I got done, I paced off all the paths and parking areas. I must have looked like Christopher Walken in the movie "Blast From The Past" where at the end of the movie he is pacing off the ground for a new bomb shelter because my wife thought I must have shoveled a bit too much and had lost it. Anyway my rough calculation put it at about 1300 SF. Not too bad! Good thing the snow here is very light weight. Hopefully I have earned an extra cookie for lunch.

Last edited:
vaughn,
I was going to suggest you go to THE WOODTURNING STORE for the Hurricane CBN wheel, but their price has jumped waaaay up since I bought mine.
think I only paid about $98 for mine a couple of years back... I see now they're in the $150++ range.
Yeah, I noticed the prices on CBN wheels jumped up a lot since the last time I checked them out. Now that I'm a poor pensioner who's not doing a lot of woodworking these days, those prices are hard for me to justify. I sure do like the finish a CBN wheel leaves, though. :thumb:

another nothing to do weekend.
cut 2 b andsaw reindeer before, but its too cold and my hands were frozen.

nothing else planned, will watch some footb all, maybe a movie, and probably just clean up tomorrow if it warms up.

Id like to say my week coming up has little planned besides a doctors appt, but my 2 y/o grandson will be here and thats harder work than anything else on planet

Yeah, I noticed the prices on CBN wheels jumped up a lot since the last time I checked them out. Now that I'm a poor pensioner who's not doing a lot of woodworking these days, those prices are hard for me to justify. I sure do like the finish a CBN wheel leaves, though. :thumb:
Understand the pensioner part... I didn't do the farmer's market this year... cut pretty deep into spending money...

Understand the pensioner part... I didn't do the farmer's market this year... cut pretty deep into spending money...
Other than food, shelter, and utilities, I try to only buy things I can make money with. These days I can make more money with my guitars and guns than with my woodshop, so that's where most of my "spare" money has gone.

Took out the shelving above our stove and mounted the cabinet for the new microwave/vent to mount under. Got the microwave unpacked and found the side of it was kicked in pretty badly. Took 3 months to get this one, looked around and the earliest I may see a replacement is March for the same model. :doh: This one will get returned, but may have to settle on one that looks the same.