Friday, all day 8/12

We are knocking these Friday's down!
I am enjoying a much cooler morning with apple and coffee in front of the shop.
Shelly is off taking care of her sister who had knee replacement Thursday for a week or 2.
Working on getting anew page for the web sight that deals with Lacquer painted furniture. Seems I need a specific page for this. It's become the latest craze. Old furniture but done very nice.
Little farm work this weekend.

We are knocking these Friday's down!
I am enjoying a much cooler morning with apple and coffee in front of the shop.
Shelly is off taking care of her sister who had knee replacement Thursday for a week or 2.
Working on getting anew page for the web sight that deals with Lacquer painted furniture. Seems I need a specific page for this. It's become the latest craze. Old furniture but done very nice.
Little farm work this weekend.
It sounds like you’re off to a nice start there Dave. I’m just having coffee in my chair in the increasingly neat and organized barn floor!! It’s a pleasant, soft morning here with fog and a bit of drizzle, about 15 degrees C. So comfortable after all the weeks of drought, heat and humidity.
My farmer friend and part time employer went away for a few days and left me a list of orchards to mow, but it’s pleasant work with good equipment.
Then, we’re having a family lunch meet up in Halifax tomorrow, with my nephew and his family here on a visit from Vancouver. Really looking forward to that.

There’s also a bookcase to build and much outdoor work around our own place.
That lacquer painted furniture sounds interesting, but I’m not sure if I’ll show it to my wife just yet😀

It sounds like you’re off to a nice start there Dave. I’m just having coffee in my chair in the increasingly neat and organized barn floor!! It’s a pleasant, soft morning here with fog and a bit of drizzle, about 15 degrees C. So comfortable after all the weeks of drought, heat and humidity.
My farmer friend and part time employer went away for a few days and left me a list of orchards to mow, but it’s pleasant work with good equipment.
Then, we’re having a family lunch meet up in Halifax tomorrow, with my nephew and his family here on a visit from Vancouver. Really looking forward to that.

There’s also a bookcase to build and much outdoor work around our own place.
That lacquer painted furniture sounds interesting, but I’m not sure if I’ll show it to my wife just yet😀
I've have 2 Stickley , 4 shelf book cases I'm thinking of painting. I know it's sacrilege to paint these but.... $$$ lol

Thursday included a trip to Tallahassee for Bobbie's follow-up visit with the plastic surgeon that did her spot of cancer and eyes. It's a two-hour round trip for him to spend two minutes checking the surgical areas. But, we did get to have lunch at Glory Days after the doctor visit!

Today will be our usual drive to Boston for shrimp and catfish, then back home for a nap. Maybe a bit of time in my shop to clean up a little more.

Saturday will be shop time milling a couple of boards in preparation for more cutting boards and a charcuterie board.

Sunday will be the normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out until race time.

(read sarcasm here) Big plans today . . . we will decide on floors and counter tops for the bathroom remodels today or I will know the reason why.
Is your wife a Libra? They have the devil's own time making a decision (or at least mine does) we've been talking about replacing the carpet in the MBR
(for 3 years +) still no decision.

We are still trying to decide on carpet style and color after a year and a half...
Is your wife a Libra? They have the devil's own time making a decision (or at least mine does) we've been talking about replacing the carpet in the MBR
(for 3 years +) still no decision.
When we bought our current house in Thomasville, we had porcelain tile laid throughout - no carpet. We put area rugs on each side of the beds, in front of the bathroom vanities, and a few other locations. Every couple of years, Bobbie decides to change this one or that one for a little different look. Happy wife, happy life!!!

Busy weekend here, and for a change there will actually be a bit of shop time involved. Today I'll finish milling the lumber for some new target frames to replace most of the ones that were in my shooting club trailer that was stolen last month. Tonight is the band's monthly visit to the Dragonhorn Tavern for a few hours of sex and drugs and rock & roll (minus the sex and drugs, lol).

Saturday I'll be assembling the target frames (no fine woodworking...butt joints, screws, and steel right angle brackets). No need to make anything fancy...they're going to eventually have bullet holes in them. Saturday evening we're going to a Party on the Patio at the Isotopes baseball game. My friend Heidi is a season ticket holder, and every year she rents out one of the VIP suites on the upper deck of the stadium and throws a party for a bunch of friends. Food and non-alcoholic drinks are provided, and most of the friends who will be there are local musicians. (Heidi's husband Steve is a longtime friend and keyboardist who was one of my former bandmates from the '80s.) It's one of the rare chances for all of us to get together outside of music gigs. We'll see if the Isotopes can keep up with the Reno Air Aces this time. At the last game I went to the Reno boys kicked our butts.

Sunday will be the monthly Range Day for my shooting club. I predict many paper bad guys will meet their demise that day. :D

Seeing it's still hot (100s) and dry no mowing. Haven't mowed in over a month and grass is dry as can be. hope it can rehydrate after we get some moisture. Going to do a litle smokinhg in the morning. Trying out smoked shot gun shells. No not live ammo. They are stuffed manoccti shells with seasoned sausage wrapped in bacon. Sound good. After that just try to chill out.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend and stay cool.
David

Dave,you have always got the coolest things going on !!
Me, I have a Mini Monster truck parade for the Shriners in Nottingham, NH. Most of my kids and grandkids will be on the sidelines watching:)
Marilyn had her left hip replaced about 2 weeks ago and I have been really busy helping her get around. She is off the walker and getting around really well with a cane now and has been discharged from home care by the PT and OT team.