Friday cometh once more

weather man says rain all week end. I'm suppose cut trees blocking the drive to the farm or drive to the eastern shore for a bow hunters gathering ..........

Attachments

• IMG_79821(1).jpg
    IMG_79821(1).jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 3
Shop time this morning, and this morning only. Gonna hit 107-109 this afternoon, plus humidity. Dunno on the heat index thing. Suppsed to be about the same tomorrow so short time in shop as well. Sunday is supposed to only be 100 which is somewhat tolerable. Not sure what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna get something started.

Temps will be in the triple digits this weekend and all week. So I will be staying inside for the most part of the week. Going to pick up a new flat top grill this morning. Now I'll have to learn how to cook all over again. Still waiting on my shop addition, next week I hope. I've been getting the Covid excuse why its taking so long.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure what I'm dong this weekend... I have a couple of projects started, might work on them. Was planning to mow again this week, but rained last night and forecast is for more today.... don't mow wet grass....
Spent yesterday afternoon putting a new mail box post... my step son backed over the old one.... it took me most of the afternoon to dig an 18" hole for the post... the dirt was almost as hard as the road bed... matter of fact, I started 4 different holes and hit the road bed each time... it extends into the ditch along side the front of my property under the dirt for about a foot.... finally moved back abou15 inches from the edge of the road and found a place where I didn't hit the road bed, then spend about 3 hours getting through the clay and hard pack to the 18 inches I finally accomplished... planned to make it 20 inches deep, but hit another rock at the bottom that stopped any further burrowing.... then only took about 20 minutes to set the post and attach the mail box.... all that rock and gravel and road bed digging didn't do my post hole diggers an good.... broke about an inch of metal off the tip of the blades.

High temps here as well, putting off mowing till next week. Delivering the 9 drawer dresser this Sunday. Will be so glad to regain all that real estate on the shop floor. Sold the pine version of the shaker tall clock I built a few months ago. Unfortunately the customer wanted a gray semi-transparent stain. I hate staining pine, but the customer rules. I think it ruined the piece. Also getting started on a media center in ash and maple.

We had enough rain in the past few days that I got to mow our lawn Thursday. What a privilege . . .

In my shop this morning for a bit working on the drawer parts for our demilune. Bobbie and I will head to lunch at Rancho Grande shortly.

Saturday will be more work on the demilune and who knows what else.

Sunday should be our normal routine: I'll prepare brunch, then chill out until race time - Daytona road course for the first time for NASCAR Cup!

Back from 2 weeks in Alabama visiting my dad and stepmom for my dads 90th birthday, came back to a jungle of a yard, raised the deck to 4” and mowed, dropped 1/2” and mowed again, letting the clippings dry and drop to 3”, my normal cut length and will mow again today or tomorrow. Should be normal by then, today going to buy 10 lbs blueberries for the freezer and visit my grand boys 😁 shop time resumes next week👍

I think I've got an appointment to fix Grandpa's TV antenna so he can watch TV again, some yard work on the schedule, and hopefully get my dust collector controller installed, maybe start updating the old one to the new version.

Going to try to get the road fence put back up. Otherwise have a lot of videos and tests to take before Monday (due date for our schools back to school program). Although we have been back since Wed. with kids. Rest of the time, RELAX.

Looks like it'll be in the high '90s and dry here this weekend. Not great, but better than what some of you guys are having to deal with.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend, but I'll be doing lots of it. :D

Noon Friday. Just returned from a few days with family. Daughter, son and kids. Spent two days in a rental cabin on Stockton lake. TRIED to teach grandkids how to fish. Nine to fifteen years old. Well this next week will be spent straightening out reels and putting on new line. Oh what a joy it was. Actually had a wonderful time. Wasn't to hot but humidity was a bear.
Not to sure what will happen this weekend. Maybe mow tomorrow. We'll see.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Well this next week will be spent straightening out reels and putting on new line.

I picked up a new pole and zebco 33 for the grandson when we were at the farm last time. They changed the design of it a bit, but it works as well as the one I had on my pole, which is about 40 years old now. Other than some new string and some petro jelly on the gears, it's been a champ and held up to him fine. Now his mother got a hold of both poles and in all of about 10 minutes she had gotten both tangled and lost the lures to the trees. :D Nothing to complain about, enjoyed every minute of it.