Friday.. last for July

No lawn mowing here. Haven't mowed since July 2. Hot and dry. Complete gravity smoker construction and burn in. Then clean garage of all recycle stuff. What amess building the masterbuilt smoker. That unit was really well packed. Now figure out what to smoke.
Went to a grandsons play last night. Cannibal The Muscical. Music was good but got very gory and touched every form of sexuality. had to wear ponchos as blood did fly and splatter. Anyway good family time.
Everyone have a safe and healthy week end. And stay cool.
David

I need to get back into my Kitchen remodeling, but before that I am finishing up a few items.

I do CNC programming for my local client.
Last year we sent out a Seahorse wall hanging to be laser scanned at IBILD. They do a wonderful job at scanning.

I just finished up programming AND testing several different strategies.
I ended up with 4 - 31" seahorses. I am going to finish them with burning, painting several coats of glaze and dry brushing.

I am considering posting several items on ETSY for the Christmas season this year. These 4 seahorses will be a part of the package.
I will be making a full video as well.

Got some yard work to complete this weekend in the mornings before heat gets too bad. Play some golf Sunday morning. Got a 6:45AM tee time. I carry my bag so it has to be early. I want to go biking, but that will have to wait until next week when things cool down. Time to start looking at high mountain hiking as it is much cooler up there.

Finished up the 3 drawer cabinet. Moving back to the Limbert coffee table inlays. The problem has always been how do you do an inlay in something that is going to get 2 dye and 2 stain applications and keep the inlay untouched. I think I figured out a way... I'll report on that later. Also pulling lumber and getting the shopping list ready for the chess table.

Might even mow this weekend. :(

Have some errands to run today, including going to a nearby police substation to amend the police report regarding the trailer that was stolen from me a couple of weeks ago. Saturday is still up in the air, and Sunday I'm taking my latest group of students to the shooting range for their CCW qualification shooting.

I also have a bit of wrenching to do on this guitar that I got a few months ago (installing a new bridge and tuners) to fix some tuning stability issues it has. I love the guitar but it just needs a bit of upgrading to make it great.

Gretsch G2627TG 650.jpg

It's supposed to rain, but I'm not sure the forecasters really know where we live, as it never does. Looking like we may get a shower this afternoon at least. I have a bit more pickup to do on the back of the barn yet and need to decide how to best take down a tree that is leaning somewhat in the direction of the barn, more of the corner of the barn, but not a great place for it to lean either way. 🤔

If it does rain, I've got some re-organization to do in the garage. I brought one of my workbenches and my rolling table (with adjustable top) back with me from storage yesterday. I've also got a few more wall outlets and some security cameras to install.

I needed to get the last of the lumber out of the garage. I moved all the lumber, pulled any <9' stuff out of the horizontal racks, put the >9' stuff up in those racks, tore the vertical rack in the garage off the wall and relocated it. I had to clear out all the stuff that was taking up room in that area. Looks like the spray booth will be pushed out even farther ;-)
Temp Rack Expansion (1).jpg . Temp Rack Expansion (2).jpg

Put the rack back together.
Temp Rack Expansion (3).jpg

And started loading it up.
Temp Rack Expansion (4).jpg

Time for some lunch. I'll move some more stuff later.

Last edited:
Had metal delivered for the recover of the 2.5 car shed on the property we bought some time ago. Will be glad when that job is done. I had hoped to be building on it but with the fine job current administration has been doing my Shouse went from $150,000 to $380,000 so looks like we may have to just sell it. I am going crazy here in Branson with no shop. Not sure what I am going to do :dunno::tantrum::tantrum::thud:

Late to the party this week!!!

No mowing for me since we now have Jim doing it for us - downright lazy in my old age!

Bobbie and I made our usual drive to Boston for lunch on Friday. She had the shrimp plate, but I had a ribeye sandwich this time (brought half of it home for supper).

This morning (Saturday), I prepped two pork butts and got them started on my Traeger. I'll take them out about 8pm, place them in my holding oven overnight, then pull the meat tomorrow. I'm also prepping some chicken wings to do Sunday.

All that said, our main emphasis this weekend is a visit from two of my daughters - my oldest and youngest. They started the drive Friday, spent the night in B'ham and should arrive here between 4-6pm Saturday.