Friday te 5th

As we March along weather turning and looking forward to getting out. But I'll once again be in the shop this weekend. I'm getting in as much time as I can so Jarrod will take the shop during Turkey season.

Doing the first test fit on the mantel today - the lower columns. If all goes well I'll start the next level this weekend. Not much else planned - just hanging around the house.

Weather is finally looking like its habitable. Sun was shining and outside for the day. Shop time and keeping busy. Feels good. Maybe it's the vitamin D.
Everyone enjoy and stay safe and healthy
David

I'm trying to turn 4 table legs that look (sort of) like each other. I'm not a turner so this s a challenge. But not today, wife has a minor medical procedure. Back to the table legs...I can make one that looks nice; in fact I've made 6 (practice) that look nice...they just don't look alike. :rofl:

Last edited:
going to be in the 80's all week end so with this fine weather I'll be out enjoying it. Going to the Gun club to site in three scoped guns today. Tomorrow another day of off roading and Sunday back to the gun club for a lever action silhouette tournament, I may not enter it but I want to see what it's all about they have them on the first Sunday of every month. If I don't do the tournament I'll go ever to the shotgun practice range and break some clays.

Shop time over the weekend. Had the ultrasound scan on the kidneys to try and determine what the mass is in them. No joy. Have to do a CT Scan. Scheduling that today. Mornings are slow going for me right now with the back and all giving me fits. Glad when this is all over. Someday. Maybe?

Got a couple of new lathe tools to play with. Neighbor gifted me some small walnut logs that had been air drying in his shed for twenty years. He also dropped off two holly logs I need to anchorseal. Unfortunately they were cut when the sap was flowing and are already badly blue stained. Still very nice wood to turn. Need to see about making a kydex holster for another new personal protection tool. Yesterday I put on my coveralls and did a tour of the crawl space checking for termites and other visitors. Found plenty of rodent sign and damage to the insulation. Rodent control coming next week. It's always something!

It's finally lawn mowing season again! So happy I could spend some of my Thursday on such enjoyable activity!!! :LOL:

In my shop this morning working doing final steps on three small cutting boards for neighbor ladies. These are made from small off-cuts I dug out during my shop cleanup. I'll post photos in a seperate thread.

Bobbie and I will drive to Boston for lunch today - catfish and shrimp! Naptime when we get back home, then a bit more shop time to work on a large cutting board for our kitchen sink - more on that in another thread.

Saturday will be shop time working on the large cutting board and more cleanup.

Sunday will be our normal routine. I'll prepare brunch, then settle in until race time.

I'll be continuing building cabinets for the work trailer. My wife wants to go look at RV's on Saturday. :eek: :bliss: Never in my life did I think she'd ever want to do this, but it was her idea, who am I to argue. Sunday I'll be heading over to my daughters. She's taken on doing a bathroom model by herself, she wants me to install an electrical plug and build her a floating vanity. I may end up re-doing some of the plumbing also since the walls need patching anyway. Then over to the inlaws to setup some Alexa devices and may try to fit in a few more RV dealers if any are open.

I'll be continuing building cabinets for the work trailer. My wife wants to go look at RV's on Saturday. :eek: :bliss: Never in my life did I think she'd ever want to do this, but it was her idea, who am I to argue. Sunday I'll be heading over to my daughters. She's taken on doing a bathroom model by herself, she wants me to install an electrical plug and build her a floating vanity. I may end up re-doing some of the plumbing also since the walls need patching anyway. Then over to the inlaws to setup some Alexa devices and may try to fit in a few more RV dealers if any are open.
so ya looking for a tow behind or a 5th wheel ?

Not really sure what I'm up to this weekend. LOML has been making noise about adding some decorative fencing in the front yard to keep passing dogs from using the yard as a bathroom, so I suspect we'll be looking at and possibly buying some of the that. We're also discussing possibilities for fencing off a portion of our back yard to keep our dog out of the area where the bird feeders are. Unless we watch him closely, he'll eat so much fallen bird seed off the ground that his poop looks like some kind of fancy 9-grain bread you buy at the health food store, lol.

I've also got a corned beef brisket that I'm prepping (soaking in water to remove some of the salt) to smoke this weekend and turn into pastrami.

Not much to happen this weekend... I had a minor urological procedure done on Wednesday, recovering now, still have the catheter in and will likely pull it later doday. Don't think I'll do any shop time this weekend, maybe Monday or Tuesday.
Any one have a sure fire cure for hiccups.... I think I have a case of anesthesia induced hiccups... woke up with them yesterday morning and again this morning... can't get rid of them and the constant jerk of the hiccup is getting to be annoying.
So far I've tried holding my breath, breathing deeply, drinking pickle juice, a couple of scoops of peanut butter, a glass of warm water, a teaspoon of sugar under the tongue (all old wive's tale cures, not of which have worked for more than a minute or two).... only thing I haven't tried yet is getting a look at the hospital billing... that should scare them out, but it's a ways off before I receive the bill.
Thinking it's anesthesia induces as I had similar problem about 6 or 8 years ago when I had an umbilical hernia repair and bowel resection... the hospital didn't feed me anything but ice for 5 days and everytime I had a bit of ice in my mouth, I also got the hiccups... they didn't seem to last as long as these have and I was out a lot longer then than Wednesday... In the hospital at 7:30, in surgery at 9:00 back in recovery by 10:30 and home by 2:00 pm.

Not much to happen this weekend... I had a minor urological procedure done on Wednesday, recovering now, still have the catheter in and will likely pull it later doday. Don't think I'll do any shop time this weekend, maybe Monday or Tuesday.
Any one have a sure fire cure for hiccups.... I think I have a case of anesthesia induced hiccups... woke up with them yesterday morning and again this morning... can't get rid of them and the constant jerk of the hiccup is getting to be annoying.
So far I've tried holding my breath, breathing deeply, drinking pickle juice, a couple of scoops of peanut butter, a glass of warm water, a teaspoon of sugar under the tongue (all old wive's tale cures, not of which have worked for more than a minute or two).... only thing I haven't tried yet is getting a look at the hospital billing... that should scare them out, but it's a ways off before I receive the bill.
Thinking it's anesthesia induces as I had similar problem about 6 or 8 years ago when I had an umbilical hernia repair and bowel resection... the hospital didn't feed me anything but ice for 5 days and everytime I had a bit of ice in my mouth, I also got the hiccups... they didn't seem to last as long as these have and I was out a lot longer then than Wednesday... In the hospital at 7:30, in surgery at 9:00 back in recovery by 10:30 and home by 2:00 pm.
A couple drops of bitters on a slice of lime then bite down will fix you up. Old bartenders trick.

Fortunately the hiccups subsided about 4 am this morning... after 2 full days I'm about hicked out completely... fortunately didn't have to try the bitters and lime....

There evidently is little you can do about them except just work through them... even the doctor's didn't have a cure.

Always quite on Saturday except for a few drop offs at the shop. Enabling me to get some work done. This is how I've been spending my Saturdays & Sundays getting my work done. Just to many disruptions M-F. Between the phone and computer work.

Attachments

• 20210305_140926.jpg
    20210305_140926.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210306_130044.jpg
    20210306_130044.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210306_130037.jpg
    20210306_130037.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210306_095455.jpg
    20210306_095455.jpg