FRIDAY the 12th

Gotta go into Fort Worth late this morning to the VA to get my first Covid shot. No shop time going by the weather cast until mid next week, me thinks. Too danged cold along with some snow and sleet and all that usual February in Texas stuff.

Hunker down for the duration. It is going to be arctic cold here for forseeable future. Maybe venture out for some groceries just to tide us over.
Stay warm everyone. It's winter time with a blast.
David

Customer coming today to pick up media cabinet. I went yesterday to dismantle the mantel for my next job. Will spend part of the weekend trying to confirm wood species and finish used 117 years ago on the woodwork I need to match.

My 5 gal pail for mu dust deputy finally collapse beyond recovery so I think I might try building a plywood box as a collection point.

We got our second Covid shot yesterday (Moderna) and both of us are feeling a bit under the weather, which we were told to expect. I'm expecting delivery of the Festool domino connector set sometime this weekend and will mock up a few test joints to be sure it will work with the bed I'm finally starting. Expecting nasty weather, so lazy boy and hot chocolate are also on the agenda.

Think I might go to the range for a little practice today. I'll take the 4 wheel out for a drive in the desert tomorrow and do a little exploring there a trail not to far from here they say is kinda amazing to see., Sunday no real plans since I don't have any one to celebrate valentines day with, I might spend it in the shop gotta finish up the Cradle I made on the CNC need sanding and painting is all.

Just finishing up this weeks video. The fixture for the Greene and Greene draw pulls.

I needed to do some work on my CNC machine, which resulted in a small upgrade.

I need to clean up the shop and get a few small projects done.

Making videos is a real challenge and really slows me down.

I'll mostly be hanging around the house this weekend with no real firm plans for the most part. Temps are going to be dropping hard here. Saturday I'll be spending a bit of time at a local indoor range with a family doing their CCW qualification shooting. Mom and dad are up for their 4-year renewal, and daughter just turned 21 and is getting her license for the first time.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow after second vaccine shot will be hanging curtain rods
Yech yech yech

my daughter is not feeling well today after second dose but I don't feel anything
Prolly because I'm so fat and she's so skinny

More shop time to keep the Mission desk job moving. Base is assembled and getting the top boards milled out and hopefully glued up.
Cold outside but nice in the shop.
our older son will be here for the weekend, so there will be lobster😀

Spent a couple hours in my shop this morning preparing some additions to my dust collection system, then Bobbie and I drove to Boston for shrimp and catfish as usual. She helped me with more of the DC stuff this afternoon, mainly making sure I didn't fall off the ladder! lol

Saturday will be more additions to my DC system to make things nicer for my lazy self!

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chillin' out until time for the Daytona 500!!!

Oh, did I mention that NASCAR is back!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

Gotta go into Fort Worth late this morning to the VA to get my first Covid shot. No shop time going by the weather cast until mid next week, me thinks. Too danged cold along with some snow and sleet and all that usual February in Texas stuff.
Be careful going down I35... there's a 100 care pile up.....

Not making a joke, not a funny... saw on TV pictures that looked as some giant had just squished the cars and trucks and threw them all in a pile.... luckily only 6 fatalities.

At the moment, I am building a box. I have pics of several steps, but as of yet, have not taken the time to post.
I will soon. Deadline is looming. :eek: Just finished the first glue-up. We shall see in the morn.
stay safe and warm