Friday the 14th

Dave Hoskins

Oh, Yeah. It's Valentine's Day! Gonna take Belinda out somewhere for a late lunch. Getting some shop time in this morning. Whenever it decides to warm up some, that is. Shop time planned for the weekend.

The round table leaves with the shipper this morning. Installing a new can light over the stove this weekend. Not much else planned except getting all the door and drawer fronts fitted on the vanities and spending a day sanding and getting ready for paint.

see if LOML want to go out for Valentines Day (I got her her favorite Chocolates) so she may decide to just have me cook her a steak on the grill :love:. Finish up the water softener install (hopefully today) :sneaky:, pick up the rest of the tile for the bathrooms. Also need to get some slim set to get ready for that project next :oops:, may putz around the shop with the CNC ;) . Send another E mail to CNC Router Parts to inquire about the manual for the machine that Carol bout since it is not an exact match for anything on their web site. They haven't responded to the first one I sent.....:cautious: (maybe I should call em on the phone ??.. :unsure: ).

Bobbie and I will make our bi-weekly drive to Boston for catfish and shrimp at lunch today. I'm doing a little setup and cleanup in my shop this morning and will continue that after lunch.

Saturday will be shop time finishing a jig for my crosscut sled and maybe starting cuts for two eight-sided boxes. I also have a slab of four beef plate ribs I plan to get in my smoker to have for dinner.

Sunday? Yep, our usual: I'll prepare brunch - pancakes, bacon, and eggs this week! Then, chill out until the Daytona 500 starts!!!

I'm working today, but ran over and picked up my wife some of her favorite donuts this morning before heading in. I need to stop and pickup another twin mattress on the way home for a new bunk set for the grandkids. I plan to get the barn door back to the shop to finish up some panels. Then will have the grandkids hanging out with us tomorrow night. Our granddaughter's 2nd birthday party is on Sunday. I have Monday off too, so probably try to run some power for the cnc and finish up wiring of the controller to start testing it out/configuring it.

Car is in the shop for a major overhaul $$$, so we are not going anywhere for a few days (can you ever really believe a service manager)? Cooking the missus some steak and lobster for I love you day, puttering in the shop and maybe making a Mike Peace style texturing tool.

That looks like a fun project. I may have to add one of these to the list of mini lathe projects.
Mike originally used a bronze self-lubricating bearing, but showed an Amazon link to 1/8" inner diameter ball bearings for an improved system, which I ordered. Turned out the link was for 1/4" ID bearings. Someone notified him of the problem and he removed the link, but now I can't find 1/8" ID/1/4" outer diameter bearings on Amazon, so the project is stalled.

Mike originally used a bronze self-lubricating bearing, but showed an Amazon link to 1/8" inner diameter ball bearings for an improved system, which I ordered. Turned out the link was for 1/4" ID bearings. Someone notified him of the problem and he removed the link, but now I can't find 1/8" ID/1/4" outer diameter bearings on Amazon, so the project is stalled.
The bronze would probably work fine, but found some here: https://bearingsdirect.com/ball-bea...teel-miniature-and-flanged-ball-bearings-inch

Edit: more specifically: https://bearingsdirect.com/ball-bea...miniature-ball-bearing-18x14x764-open-ddri418

But there are a couple of flange type bearings on that first link that may work well for the end.

Thanks, Darren. Great find. Looks like the flanged, protected type would work for the end and keep any dust out, with two open ones for the interior. He did a three bearing set up, with a small rare earth magnet at the bottom end to help retain the Dremel bits.

The band is making our monthly stop at the Dragonhorn Tavern tonight. Of course the theme will be Valentine's Day. I'm thinking there will be running jokes all night about the band name. Little Cupid and the Slingers...Valentine's Day Song Massacre...The Heartbreakers (oh wait, Tom Petty beat us to that one, lol).

Saturday (or maybe ever today), I'm hoping to drop by the local indoor shooting range to try out a new toy. Yesterday I traded a handgun that I don't use (and have duplicates of) for something new at Cabela's. Even walked away with a little cash out of the deal.

If the weather's nice Sunday, LOML and I might go check out a nearby wildlife rescue place. I bought tickets to go there a month or two ago on Groupon, and we need to use them up before they expire.

...maybe making a Mike Peace style texturing tool.
That definitely looks like a handy tool. I'll have to flag this thread for future reference.

Bought Lou Ann her valentine's gift last Saturday. A Ruger LCR with crimson trace laser sight. Been doing this for the past 20 years or so for Valentine's Day. She has a little collection all her own. She is loving carrying it on the farm, loaded it is less than her old 38 empty.

Ya'll have a good one. Supposed to stay below 0 so not much going on this weekend.

Bought Lou Ann her valentine's gift last Saturday. A Ruger LCR with crimson trace laser sight. Been doing this for the past 20 years or so for Valentine's Day. She has a little collection all her own. She is loving carrying it on the farm, loaded it is less than her old 38 empty.

Ya'll have a good one. Supposed to stay below 0 so not much going on this weekend.
I really like my LC9s, much lighter than the SR9s I have, and can still keep a 2" group at 15 yards with it.

Be careful that you don't become reliant on the lasers. A buddy of mine who's a SWAT trainer for the Dept. of Homeland Security told me that every year or so a manufacturer will try to sell them on their latest and greatest lasers. They will get a few to try them out, and have found in every case, the team members have slower scores when running drills with the lasers. Apparently, they spend too much time looking for the little red or green dot, and not concentrating on the target and getting rounds downrange. ;) They're fun at the gun range, but in a defensive situation "point and shoot" is generally more effective.