FRIDAY - what's up?

Spent some time yesterday finishing up an OH door opener install. The storage room of my shop building had an 8' tall OH door, I'm so short I couldn't get it all the way open. I was able to use a 7' door opener and still get enough travel (with some minor workarounds) to get it all the way open and shut.

No luck
I just finished making the frame for mirror project I'm working on and bent down and lifted incorrectly
Been flat on my back with Tylenol heating pad and tens machine since last night
This spasm is looking not as severe as previous ones this year but I'm not going anywhere near shop for another day or two at least
I had just started to clean up and rearrange lumber rack/storage to accept new order but it will all have to wait

... Cataract surgery on right eye first thing Monday morning. Left eye surgery in two weeks. Cautiously looking forward to it.
Had the surgery on the right eye yesterday. Follow-up appointment this morning (Tuesday) shows 20/20 vision in that eye already. A tiny bit cloudy and still dilated. Doc says both will go away by tomorrow. Interesting procedure. I was awake (but sedated) during the whole thing.

Now I'm looking forward to having the left eye done on the 27th.

No luck
I just finished making the frame for mirror project I'm working on and bent down and lifted incorrectly
Been flat on my back with Tylenol heating pad and tens machine since last night
This spasm is looking not as severe as previous ones this year but I'm not going anywhere near shop for another day or two at least
I had just started to clean up and rearrange lumber rack/storage to accept new order but it will all have to wait

Against Elen's wishes I pumped down lots of Tylenol and Motrin and finished the mirror
Having something laying around with so little to go really bothered me
Instead of becoming another cutting board these strips went into this

Attachments

• 9A7C850C-093D-4440-BBBE-9EDA78EB8C3A.jpeg
    9A7C850C-093D-4440-BBBE-9EDA78EB8C3A.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11
And cleaning out things I found another old mirror that was headed for dump so when I'm up and running at 75 percent speed I'll make a frame out of scraps for that also
I almost took a wooden desk off of someone's pile this morning

It's trash day and on my way to pick up some rolls well No way Elen would help me so I had to let it slide

Nice turned legs would have been cool to keep in mynpossession

I still can't make plans for a lumber delivery because the neighbor that always helps me unload truck and pile on lumber rack in garage is having some kind of device implanted into a heart valve
All the crap he has gone thru health wise due to the months he spent at ground zero digging out the attack after 9-11
And the guy never complains about anything
So I have to figure out who can be around when they want to deliver
With my back and the 13-16 footers they stock I need the help

Last edited:
Kaden only wanted to sit and watch grandpa in shop today so Elen brought him out when I wasn't doing any machine or dust work
I let him pick a tape measure out of drawer and he picked out an old one from his great grandpas stuff

He enjoyed digging into the shelf pin box and handing me them to try shelf in unit I'm working on

Attachments

• 3628C902-481A-4523-A95A-82D7C3220926.jpeg
    3628C902-481A-4523-A95A-82D7C3220926.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: