GASOLINE????

When people thighen the belt I get worried. They cut out the extras like McDonalds, Texas Roadhouse, movies, basically anything extra. To me thats when the whole thing starts to crumble. We have a nation of people who believe that are entitled to do the extra things and when they can't it gets bad.
well for me I don't enjoy fast food and try to eat healthy so I don't do McDonald as for other restaurants I really don't enjoy them since I lost my wife as I don't like going to them alone. I occasionally will go out with friends but for the most part don't eat out a lot so no biggy there. When I am traveling I can't avoid it but while at home I don't go out.

When people thighen the belt I get worried. They cut out the extras like McDonalds, Texas Roadhouse, movies, basically anything extra. To me thats when the whole thing starts to crumble. We have a nation of people who believe that are entitled to do the extra things and when they can't it gets bad.
I totally agree. That's economics. That is what happens when factories close also. Stop on the way home to pick up supper - get gas - snacks for Friday night etc etc etc. Coffee on the way in to work. Out to eat with the guys at lunchtime.

As for me and my house, I have dropped the HAMMER - BAM.

It's MUCH better than spending money we do not have and going into debt and paying interest on maxed out CC's

I just dont see any let up in driving yet.....the roads are more packed here on long island now then Ive ever seen before.

weekend traffic is unbearable again with the beaches open.

if gasoline prices are stopping people from using their cars, it isnt happenning on long island yet where regular is approaching 5 bucks a gallon.

Don't let the news scare you about gas prices in Ca. I haven't paid 6.00 a gallon yet, it is running between 5.50-6.00 a gal. Get the "Gas Buddy" app it will show you that if you go a mile or so you can save a bunch.

Don't let the news scare you about gas prices in Ca. I haven't paid 6.00 a gallon yet, it is running between 5.50-6.00 a gal. Get the "Gas Buddy" app it will show you that if you go a mile or so you can save a bunch.
My wife's in Valencia this weekend. Per Gas Buddy the lowest price for regular grade there is $6.15. Burbank and Glendale (where we both used to work) is a bit under $6.00 per gallon, but nearby Tujunga (where we lived) is $6.25 and up. Makes me feel pretty good about the $4.29 prices here in Albuquerque.

Our prices went to $4.99/gal this morning, after being at $4.78 yesterday. I'm doing all I can to not burn gas, but based my observation of how fast the interstate drivers are going I'm one of the few trying to save.

I checked again yesterday just to make sure.... at 75 I get 13 mpg. 55 = 20 mpg. 50 = 22 mpg. Tundra 5.7L 4x4. I've been trying to keep it at 55 when time permits. Having to make some adjustments on travel time... ie. I have to leave 15 min earlier to go fishing and I get home 30 min later than usual....

Alan

This morning I decided to do some experamenting on he way to church. There is a 10 mile stretch of road where the speed limit is 55 So I set the cruise control to 60 and let the truck do the rest. Keep in mind that most of the previous driving was stop and go in town this the 19.7 miles per gallon since I am sure the previous 50 miles was all stop and go.
1654470548689.jpeg

it held at 38 for all of the 10 miles. On the way home I took it up to 80 and the mileage dropped to around 24 mpg. The best (34.4) is a 50 mile window of the best combination I have achieved thus far and that was when the truck was brand new without the camper shell on a trip to California. I'll be taking the same trip later this month and we will see if it gets any better.