GASOLINE????

Hey Don fill up at the Pilot, Loves or the Chevron @ Hwy 95 @ I 40. Last stop before Commifornia.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

well I made it to my destination in California.....
I used the cruise controls and kept the spped to within 5 or 10 mph of the speed limit and am very please3d with the results

1655337819681.jpeg

drove 571 miles and fueled up
1655337871691.jpeg

That would have been a ,lot less in Arizona but non the less glad I got the new truck. Not bad for a full sized 4 door Pickup truck.

Last edited:
Rennie I won't see my next LP bill until July, but your comment really has me worried. We don't use that much on a gallon basis, maybe 400 gallons a year for the gas range and heating the shop. Since the shop heat is probably 85% of that I may have to forego the heat next winter. We do have a standby generator that has it's own 500 gallon tank, but we've never really used much from it. I had it topped off a year ago.

I heat my shop about 85% propane. I never got too concerned at the thermostat setting and I like working in a tee shirt. The other 15% is mostly electricity, but I collect money there. My last bill was $7.50 in January 22, and $85 in 2015. I generate about all the electricity I use.

I also cook on propane. I CAN cook on the woodstove.

I have been light on the electric heat, because it REALLY soaks up my credits.

I can wear a sweatshirt and a warm work jacket, and use fans to direct the wood heat from my woodstove out to the shop.

I do burn oil for hot water and occasionally to heat the house when I am being lazy. Gotta stop being lazy.

well I made it to my destination in California.....
I used the cruise controls and kept the spped to within 5 or 10 mph of the speed limit and am very please3d with the results

View attachment 120969

drove 571 miles and fueled up
View attachment 120970

That would have been a ,lot less in Arizona but non the less glad I got the new truck. Not bad for a full sized 4 door Pickup truck.
That's about twice the mileage (and nearly double the range) I get from my 2010 4Runner.

Wells Fargo sent me a letter saying that I'll get 15% back on gas purchases until the end of July. Every time I buy gas they send me an update on how much I've got in my special account. We'll see how it goes come time to redeem..... Our gas is still hovering in the $4.50 range...

Alan