Getting back to an incomplete project

Rob Keeble

Some of you will recall this image from the past.
I picked this up again and am working on it intermittently.
8a9798b7f05fe80824407fa2320c2f2f.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Progress update.
No w i have to pause and hone / sharpen tools before i can proceed.

Carving if you have not tried it is very therapeutic.
If anyone was inspired by Toni to give carving a go, my advice is dont buy crappie tools.
I have a mix and my feil and flexcut tools are awesome.
Cannot say the same about my small Ramelson palm set.
Some are good and some i just battle to get a decent edge on.

After this carving i am going to get some more feil tools but smaller palm ones.

That's looking really good so far Rob. I'm liking the layering you've got going on.

Dang it now I'm thinking about a bunch of incomplete and unstarted projects in the pipeline.

View attachment 103868

Progress update.
No w i have to pause and hone / sharpen tools before i can proceed.

Carving if you have not tried it is very therapeutic.
If anyone was inspired by Toni to give carving a go, my advice is dont buy crappie tools.
I have a mix and my feil and flexcut tools are awesome.
Cannot say the same about my small Ramelson palm set.
Some are good and some i just battle to get a decent edge on.

After this carving i am going to get some more feil tools but smaller palm ones.

Hi Rob.
It is coming out nicely, I’m glad that you’ve retaken it. Regarding the tools that you want to buy, why are you thinking about buying palm ones?

Rob, this is looking good. I remember you being interested in carving but had no idea that you had advanced to this level. You have really come a long way. I like your design. This is going to be a very nice project when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom first up this is not at all my design. If it were i would consider myself an artist which i am definitely NOT.

Tom this is a design that Lora Irish provided for us to do a group carving some time back.

Thanks for the very kind words though Tom.

Toni to answer your question Yes i want to get a decent set of palm tools or perhaps the smaller feil chisels.
Might have a look at the flexcut palm tools as well.

Last edited: