getting back to it

Frank Fusco

My shop misses me. Health issues have kept me out for a couple years now. But, yesterday I attended the annual woodturners show put on by the club I used to belong to. Gave me the bug to get back making sawdust. Unfortunately, I had surgery on my left arm a few weeks ago and the healing is not going well. Using powerful finger amputation tools with only one hand is not a good idea. Actual work will have to wait but I will start some clean up and rust removal.

Good to hear your getting back to it.

Word of advice, mask up for the cleanup, gotten sinus infections twice in the last few weeks from just doing sweeping around the garage. The combination of dust and cold hits me hard.

Even doing little bits of stuff in the shop is better than not doing anything in the shop. :thumb: Glad to see you've gotten the sawdust bug again, Frank.

As Vaughn mentions, just do things you can do without straining your arm to have your shop ready and tydy, to use it once you recover fully, which I wish be very soon.
PS I still have some of the osage orange and mesquite you sent me.

Tom Selleck once said, "If you want to relax, set up yourself a wood shop. Don't have to do much in there, just relax and enjoy it." Good advice. Just do whatever it is you can do, relax, take in the smells and enjoy it.