Gift card purchases

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Wow! I have $900 worth of Home Deport cards. I want to get some clamps and all the electrical stuff for the new shop with it. I have clamps picked out but wonder how much I should reserve for the electrical. Guess I better make a list of needed electrical supplies.

Of course, I could exercise extreme human will power and wait on the clamp order.

I have lots of lights that will do. But you are right on the copper. Will have to start a list. Load center, breakers, conduit, wire, boxes, fixtures, cover plates, and what not.

Just a thought on your electrical (because I wish I had done this): Use two load centers - one for lights only and one for tools. I've kicked myself for not configuring my shop like that and it's too much trouble to make the change now.

The reason, Bill?

Also, anyone have a good all in one resource for this designing business. Something that helps with conduit sizes, number of receptacles
on a circuit, etc. I know how to wire receptacles and switches, even three-ways. My plan is to do most of this work before contacting a licensed electrician. I also plan on running wire and connecting receptacles. Don't want to play $75 per hour for donkey work. His/her job will be to make sure all is to code and will pass inspection.

If I was doing my shop over I'd run (at least) two non light circuits on alternating outlets with color coded covers. That makes it real easy to run two higher power tools at once if you need to. Second the light circuit, super handy if you need light while working on one of the other circuits :)

I've got all the lights in my shop on one circuit.

The other thing is that if you happen to trip a breaker with a tool, the lights will stay on.