Gonna Be an Interesting Night

...Beano helps, but for some of us flatulence is the only fun left :rofl::rofl:
One has to their entertainment wherever one can, huh? :rofl: Fortunately, we have a big dog so blame-shifting is pretty easy. And we have Beano in stock, because the dog gets two of them daily. :thumb: He can still clear a room in a heartbeat, though.

One old trick to help reduce the gassiness (for pinto beans at least) is to add something carbonated like 7-Up, Club Soda, or Coke as the beans are cooking. I believe baking soda has the same effect. I might try adding something to this batch. :thumb:

True story. Our youngest daughter Tess got married in May of 2010 and then our oldest Fina got married in Sept of 2010 on our farm. My dad used to make a MEAN pot of baked beans. They were dangerously delicious yet deadly later on. Josh had not ever had or even known of dad's beans. The kids, Fina and Josh, stayed upstairs in Fina's bedroom that night and in the morning we found out Fina actually had to go to Tess' old bedroom to sleep in comfort and out of the smog!! :rofl: :rofl: Fina has kept him on a strict limit whenever dad's beans are on the table!:dunno::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, I didn't get any finished pics of the soup in the Crockpot, but I must say it came out great. I added a pound of smoked sausage in big enough pieces that LOML can easily avoid them.

Also added about 2/3 of a can of Coke, which sweetened it up a bit and seems to have de-flatulated the soup. (Let's just say I was no more gassy this morning than I am most other mornings, lol.)
Beans beans the musical fruit...the more you eat...the more you toot! :LOL:
I hadn't heard that version of the saying until I met my wife. That's the version her dad taught her. I learned the "Beans, beans, are good for your heart" version. :D

Vaughn, next time try Root Beer and fry up a couple pieces of bacon. Crumble up the bacon and add it to the mix. You won't regret it.
Sounds good. :thumb: I've had good results using the bone (or just leftover meat) from smoked spiral cut honey hams. We like the extra sweetness. I even have some honey ham leftovers that I pulled from the freezer a couple of days ago, but I opted to go with sausage this time just to make it easier for my wife to work around the meat parts. She's not a vegetarian, but doesn't like meat very much. She especially doesn't like ham, because she thinks it's "too fatty". This is the same lady who LOVES bacon. Go figure, lol.

When I was a kid we ate a lot of pinto beans. I like adding applesauce or sweet pickle relish to them on my plate. Here again, it's a sweetness thing. We had beans both at home and in the school cafeteria. Growing up in predominantly Hispanic/Catholic Northern NM, the school cafeteria always served fish sticks or beans on Friday. You could get the beans with either red or green chile sauce. And those little lunch ladies made a mean chile sauce. :thumb: But if they would have offered applesauce, I'd have taken that instead. ;)