Gonna try a two color print

Don Baer

Staff member
I am gonna push my talent to the next level and attempt a two color print. Since I only have a single extruder machine I'll edit the G code and pause the print when it's time to change the filament, I just need to figure out where to insert the M-25 in the G code file so that it is done with the background before I do the raised printing.. This will be a license Submain themed license plate holder, one of the reasons I wanted this big of a printer is so I could do stuff like this.

Submarine License Plate Frams.png

I prolly wot get to it till wed since I had to order some more of the white PLA and I am thinking about playing hooky and going out off roading tomorrow. I am thinking about offering a line of personalized military prints for sale. I go one on the printer right now

Excellent. I've done things like that with glow in the dark filament that is pretty fun.

Once you get the technique down you can use the same basica pausing process to model voids inside an object to hold nuts or magnets or whatever. Can even print out gift boxes that don't open, lol.