Good thoughts for my friend Jerry

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My friend Jerry retired from the institute this past year as a painter. He's unfortunately in the ICU fighting something that they can't figure out. He's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He and I became good friends working together, and after getting to know him I found he was the uncle of guy that taught me to play guitar (at least gave me lessons) about 30 years ago.

Jerry had an article done on him a few years back, not for his work at the institute, though they were proud of him. It's a good read if you have a couple of minutes.

Thanks All!

Updates from his sisters...

Friday update. Jerry’s heart stopped for a few minutes tonight and was successfully resuscitated. He is now sedated and on full vent. Mri showed mini strokes. Otherwise the same problems. Continuing medical treatments for now but no more heart resuscitation. It is in god’s hands now. He is comfortable.

Saturday Update. Stable in ICU. Another CT of head. Not back yet. Other tests pending. Doctors not optimistic.

Sunday update. Had another episode of heart irregularities. Stable now. He is a little more alert and knows me and Deb. On vent. Raises eyebrow in response when we talk to him. Still extremely serious situation. One day at a time.

Considering he was unresponsive, it looks more positive.