Good thoughts for Sharon.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I've been delaying post this, because I didn't know what direction things were going. But I know a lot of you like family and I feel like I owe it to you to let you know how things are going. Spoiler alert, they seem to be going the right way.

Last Thursday morning about 4:00am, I woke up to the sounds of Sharon having trouble breathing. I tried to nudge her to see what was going on, but she wouldn't wake up. I got out of bed turned the lights on and ran to her side of the bed and she was not at all responsive, and was having trouble breathing and was having seizures. I'll spare you all the details, but I ran, grabbed my phone called 911. About a half hour later, while I managed to multi task dealing with sharon, the 911 operator, getting the cat and dogs locked up, the paramedics, ambulance, and helicopter showed up. They got Sharon stabilized and sent her off to the hospital in the helicopter while I got stuff arranged at the house and drove down to reconnect.

Long story short, she has a small subdural hematoma. They did not think it needed surgery. She was sedated for the last several days, but yesterday they tapered her off and today she was off the sedation completely.

She was awake and alert today, and they did pull the ventilator tube out. She should be able to talk tomorrow and will be doing some more tests to see where we go from there.

So long story short, it's been a rough few days, but things are looking up and we won't really know the next steps and timing till tomorrow. But things are looking up.

Prayers, good thoughts, good wishes are appreciated at this time,

But as the name of the group says, we are family, and I just wanted you all to know.

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes for a quick recovery. This has to be at the top of the scary list. Thank goodness you were able to get the help she needed and things are stable.

Oh man! Sending my best to both of you. Glad to see you got her in good hands right away. And as Jay said, be sure to take care of yourself, too. You know how to reach me if there's anything you think I can help you with. Give Sharon and yourself hugs from me.

How scary Brent! Glad the medical staff made it to your compound in a timely manner and got Sharon to the hospital and getting the care/treatment needed. All the best of everything headed your way.

Can't imagine how devastating that episode was for the both of you. Glad things are turning in the right direction. Thoughts and prayers, most definitely.

My prayers to both of you. Sharon is in good hands with tge doctors, but you take care of yourself also. Sharon neeeds yoy healthy to care for her.
David