Got some sad news last night.

Don Baer

Staff member
My 50 year old nephew passed away last night and the cause was blood clots in his lungs brought on by Pneumonia which was a result of the Covid Virus. He had been hospitalized for several weeks and in intensive care for most of that time. He was a healthy young man and leaves behind a wife and 4 small kids. Like I said he was healthy and physically fit as a matter of fact he was an Iron worked who worked out doors on the high Iron building high rises in Las Vegas. Please be careful out there that is two people I have lost this year due to this virus one a very close friend and now my nephew. With my wifes cancer and all the other issues I am not having a very good year.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss, prayers to his family.

My wife has 4 friends that have lost loved ones this week to covid. Three were aging parents, one younger, like your nephew.

My SIL's mother has actually had a reoccurance of it. She had tested positive for it several months ago and recovered, now has it again. She's always had some health issues, so most likely she didn't build up antibodies for it, according to my BIL.

Don my condolences to you and your family. These are very trying times with this video running unchecked. Prayfull the new vaccine will be out quickly to solve some of our problems. Side note brother is still in ICU with his crud.
Everyone please stay healthy.
David

That is sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, that they can learn to cope with their loss. Hopefully the politicians will get out of the way and get the vaccine out where it'll do some good. #1 wife and I got it early on. I was essentially asymptomatic but she got pretty sick for three days. Her dad, who gave it to us, got pneumonia and died. He was 90, on Chemo, and had a time bomb heart.

I don't think there'll be any family unscathed before it's over.

And, I t may not be over. I have noticed some things since I had it in April. My immune system is fantastic. I've never had a flu shot and I've only had the flu once a long time ago. I don't get colds or anything else. Since April I have had a general feeling of fatigue and just not feeling well. Any cut or scrape I get takes forever to heal and I've had three separate incidences of a cut becoming infected enough to require doctor visits and antibiotics.

#1 wife has been chronically ill with one thing or another since then too. She's got a head cold that antibiotics won't fix.

We probably can't get Covid again right now but we CAN get something else, so we're careful.

Alan