Greene and more Greene

What kind/brand of oil do you use? The finish looks very good!
I'm using natural Danish Oil. The top has about 10 applications, most of which are sanded in with 2,000 grit. I don't usually go to that extreme, but the customer wants an 'only oil' finish, no wax or varnish, and I wanted to be sure the top could take a little abuse. The rest of the table will get about 5 applications, the first or second sanded in with 1,000 grit. I find wet sanding the oil gives me a nice smooth feel.

Been spending some time working on the matching cabinet. The case is complete. Still need to build the drawer and do a final fit on the doors.

Turns out I'll be varnishing the entire set .after all. Been working with the customer on this. I was leery about using only an oil finish. As you can see, the panels which have 2 applications of Danish oil are real dust magnets. I was sure he would not be happy with the results. Even the table top, which I spent several hours laying on 10 applications of oil and wet sanding to 2,000 grit - although good looking - it just did not have the clarity and dust repellant qualities of a varnish.

I'll go back to the wine rack and begin there with the varnish - General Finishes Arm-R-Seal satin. Since I have no separate finishing area I'm going to need to get most of the order built so I can dedicate the shop to finishing and not worry about raising dust.

The sapwood is at the customer's request. Incorporated where it will be like a little surprise - the back of the cabinet, the interior shelves, etc.
IMG_1405.JPEGIMG_1404.JPEGIMG_1406.JPEG

Rennie, watching your skills develop over the years has truly been a pleasure. You were a great woodworker back when you first started posting your church furniture but you have evolved into a true artist.
OK, now I'm blushing. I keep trying, hope to be as good as many of the others posting here.... someday. 😊

Beautifully done. I find this style comforting to look at. Is that weird? I fell in love with G&G in college when I stumbled over a Ultimate Bungelow picture book that was laying out in the area where I was studying.