grocery shopping

Still miss my tamales.

Time to start nixtamalizing that deer corn ;)

Joking? Not Joking? I dunno anymore .. it works pretty well anyway. I haven't tried the navajo wood ash method yet but I might just try it sometime to see how well it works.

how long does it take for mail to be safe bill?

No expert here and everyone should always get their information from more official sources. Social media in my mind does not qualify as an informed resource. And the problem is, even information from official sources is evolving. Science takes time and this virus is just too new. Supposedly the virus can only live for a day on cardboard according to "tests by government scientists". Like I said, not sure about any of this. Better to error on the side of precaution.

My wife went out early this morning and there were only a few people there. She then drops them off in the garage with gloves on and proceeds to sanitize them. Leaves some things sit for a day and then brings them in. Same thing we do with packages and mail. Reminds me, I can retrieve the Fine Woodworking that arrived a couple of days ago.

Seems crazy, but we know of people that got this and it is not worth the risk!

Yup, I've got a big cardboard box that has been designated as the "lysol" box, been spraying every package and sometimes the contents as they arrive. Regular mail sometimes, but usually discard the junk outside and the rest sits for a few days before opening. Wash hands after handling and spray down the counter where I opened it at.

I'm trying to limit my trips to the grocery once a week, mostly for the perishable items and everything else I keep forgetting. I'll try the senior hours this week to see if there's less traffic. Problem with those hours are that they are normally early (that's OK) when the deli counter and fresh meat case aren't operating yet. I may have to resort to the concierge shopping and pick the stuff up. I plan to start leaving the mail sit for 2 days (no idea of that's the right length of time, I heard it on the news) as well as the UPS/Fedex packages.