GRR-Ripper question--dust collection???

Ron Jones

Thought I wanted to get a GRR-Ripper. Thought I wanted to get a Shark Guard. Guess I need to think some more don't I? It appears that lack of dust collection is the major down side to the GRR-Ripper. Am I missing something here?

I gave up on DC on top of the T-S long ago safely controlling the work is much more important. I have never seen good DC that allowed for good control or good control that allowed for good DC. It's either one or the other. I'll take good control.

I agree Bart. It's much to long to change out from DC over TS for rip cut in order to use the gripper then back to the DC for a cross cut. I just have the vacume from the back and I use the Griper.

I really depends on how you work and what saw you have. On saws with riving knives, such as the BT3xxx series, while that isn't a heavy duty saw, the Shark guard is easily removable for when you would want to use the Grr-Ripper.

I have both, but am seriously (to the point it is in an unpowered garage) considering selling my TS, because of the way I work (gone to the EZ Smart system). The Grippers however, I find that the TS isn't the only tool I will use them with.

I really depends on how you work and what saw you have. On saws with riving knives, such as the BT3xxx series, while that isn't a heavy duty saw, the Shark guard is easily removable for when you would want to use the Grr-Ripper.

I have both, but am seriously (to the point it is in an unpowered garage) considering selling my TS, because of the way I work (gone to the EZ Smart system). The Grippers however, I find that the TS isn't the only tool I will use them with.

I too have the EZ system when I get into a bigger shop will set up a permanent table grid I now have the fold down table.