Hackberry Popcorn Bowl

Dave Hoskins

Bet you thought I was gonna show photos and tell ya about a new bowl. uhuh I managed to get a bit carried away, and now I have sitting in the shop a 16" funnel. Hmmmm. Wonder what I can do with that? :rofl:

Glue a new piece of Hackberry in to the hole, feather it in and Voila... a newly designed masterpiece.

There are no mistakes in wood turning, only re-design opportunities.

As much wood as Dave has laying around, I suspect patching the hole would be more trouble than it's worth. Easier to just turn a new bowl. Plus, when it's all said and done, he just ends up with a patched bowl, lol.

Never thought of patching it. I do have a fair amount of wood, though that is slowly shrinking down. I think I am down to 25 - 30 bowls worth of hackberry. Not necessarily a lot when you really think about it seeing not all of them work out well. Or, turn into funnels. :rofl:

Those funnel bowls make really interesting patterns in the fire pit. A few s'mores while enjoying a soothing beverage around the fire will take away the disappointment.:drool:

That eating s'mores around the campfire sounds really, really good to me. But, ain't gonna do it with hackberry. Stuff just sits there and smolders and smolders, and sometimes stinks. AWK!!!