halloween gonna hurt this year

allen levine

so for the past 25 years ive given out small toys or costume jewelry braclets, sp;inning tops, jump ropes, small light up dolls, my hottest treat is a hotwheels car.
most of hwat I have was purchased back in 2011 some of the cars at later dates.
I looked up the wholesale comp;any and they told me they would deliver even though I dont own a budsiness anymore, they would ship, guess what they dont know wont hurt them.

I registered for an account and they let me log in to prices.

wow. wow.

I knew the bracelets I was buying for 40 or 50 cents went up, I figured maybe all the say up to a dollar. wasnt true, they all went to 1.60 up to 2.00

he told me the days of importing 6 dollar a dozen costume jewelry are finished.

so when my stash runs out, maybe next year, I will be dont giving out toys and will have to resort back to candy, which I tried to avoid and be different. so many kids look foward to trick treating here every year. the minivans pull up an d 9 kids p;ile out, we have a good block, my neighbors dress up and greet the kids, its easy for parents as they sit in car and watch, and they kids can hit all the houses in a short time.

inflation will kill the toyman. I wont pay 2 dollars a toy.l

hotwheels are too overpirced as is everything else....i just feel bad for the kiddies, they so look foward to coming here.

"he told me the days of importing 6 dollar a dozen costume jewelry are finished."

Interesting. Back when I had my stores I bought costume jewelry and fixings and resold them at my cost per dozen, per each. Of course, it all came from China. Now, we must pay the price to divest our selves of dependence on China for what we want here in the U.S. I'll pay if it brings business back to America.

Marilyn used to buy small trinkets for her classroom. She bought in bulk from a company called Oriental Trading.

they run around 30 percent more than the importers Ive dealt with and their selection is tiny. when I go to 38th st in manhattan, there are at least 15 importers within 500 feet. one or two of the larger ones have hundreds of items in the price range I used to get. oriental sells only a few. Another novelty company is called rhode island novelty. just like oriental tradfing. if you recall at the bbq gathering you made I let your , well I believe they were your granddaughters help themselves in the back of the pickup to whatever jewelry they wanted, thats the kind of stuff I keep.

they run around 30 percent more than the importers Ive dealt with and their selection is tiny. when I go to 38th st in manhattan, there are at least 15 importers within 500 feet. one or two of the larger ones have hundreds of items in the price range I used to get. oriental sells only a few. Another novelty company is called rhode island novelty. just like oriental tradfing. if you recall at the bbq gathering you made I let your , well I believe they were your granddaughters help themselves in the back of the pickup to whatever jewelry they wanted, thats the kind of stuff I keep.
I do remember. My grand daughter Abby was mentioning that a few months ago

Never worried about trick or treating where I used to live. Now that I have been city-fied for the time being, I need to check with a neighbor to see if there are any around here. With churches and schools sponsoring Halloween events over the past few years I think trick or treating is a thing of the past. But, I'm gonna ask to make sure.

Never worried about trick or treating where I used to live. Now that I have been city-fied for the time being, I need to check with a neighbor to see if there are any around here. With churches and schools sponsoring Halloween events over the past few years I think trick or treating is a thing of the past. But, I'm gonna ask to make sure.
My wife makes me pickup the candy anyway...just in case (as she opens it way before the holiday ;) ).

There's a bunch of kids here in the valley, but the distances between houses makes it hard to do a traditional trick or treat.

The last few years some of the parents have been volunteering to pull trailers around a certain section as sort of a hay ride with multiple 'trunk or treat' candy stops along the way.

At the 'events center' our band for the last 3 years has put on costumes and plays a few sets of music for the adults after the candy rides.

I'm going as 'The Dude' this year, lol.

1666898602257.png

I was at the supermarket a couple of days ago and saw that the bags of Halloween candy that I recall were selling for $8 - $10 each last year are now $18 or so. We're seriously considering turning off the porch light and letting the little goblins fend for themselves. On the other hand, ther's not a lot of kids in our neighborhood, so if past years are any indication, we won't have many showing up anyway.

Still don't want to spend $20 for a bag of candy. Maybe this is the year I'll hand out homemade goodies like caramel onions on a stick and Brussels sprouts bon-bons. :rofl:
Caramel Onions.jpg Chocolate Brussels Sprouts.jpg

I will be wearing a sweater, lol!
I was picturing you as more of the bathrobe kind of Lebowski. :D
Lebowski Bathrobe.jpg

Last edited: