Happy Birthday Darren Wright!

Happy birthday, Darren! 🎂

I ordered a cake for you with a surprise inside, but it didn't quite turn out the way I had in mind...

cake-1.jpg

Happy Birthday! Is this that one day a year where the missus makes you sit down and relax - or do you just keep going and going and going and ... ?

Hope you have a great day!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, and Vaughn it's the thought that counts. ;)

Our gran dkids came to swim last night and spend the night. Before they woke up, my wife snuck out and ran to the local donut shop for breakfast. She made me go get my own lunch though, which I didn't mind, I bought enough for leftovers...all week. :D
2020-07-19 12.26.27.jpg

Now, true story. The official cake of my birthday for 45 years now has been the Hostess Ding Dong. When I was about to turn 5, my oldest brother, sister, and I were at the local swimming pool. My brother, who had been there a hundred times, for some reason, dives into the shallow side of the pool. He cracked his head open from the front to the back. Ended up having to get 150 stitches. Come my birthday, he refused to eat at the hospital unless they sent him home. Mom had a short notice that he was coming home and Hostess Ding Dongs were on hand, so she stacked them up with 5 candles. My wife did five candles today, but one for each decade. ;)